Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ideas for concealing backboard / panel / meter / electrical boxes for parking lot EV chargers at condo.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, I joined my condos BOD for pretty much the sole purpose of completing an EV charging project. The project was finally approved and the install started today. We pulled out a new electrical service, so needed a backboard, electrical panels, and meter.

I might be overly paranoid here, but I’m nervous about making sure everything goes smoothly and looks good since I had pretty much sole ownership of this project at a 140 unit building.

After the first phase today, I saw the actual backboard panel, meter, etc. it was a lot more pronounced and larger than I expected. I was wondering if anyone had some good ideas / suggestions for helping it blend in a bit and be less pronounced? Can I paint the metal parts as well as the backboard? Anything else? I want to get ahead of the inevitable complaints. Here’s a photo of what was installed.

Attachments

• 7EA93409-336C-4954-ACE7-DD19D4CD7C71.jpeg
    7EA93409-336C-4954-ACE7-DD19D4CD7C71.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 22F93CC4-0B67-480A-982C-18F7E8372321.png
    22F93CC4-0B67-480A-982C-18F7E8372321.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
Check with your contractor as they would know the local codes best. You might be able to box it in entirely with a small roof over it and two locked French doors to prevent vandalism. Might need a small window if the meter isn't wireless.

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
Thanks, all... now that I've gotten used to it, I'm not as freaked out as I initially was ha. Most owners at the building seem to be excited about having EV charging as an option (we're in a rural area without any). I'll likely start with paint in the spring, but if there are complaints, will likely have a carpenter build a cabinet over the backboard to conceal.