Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idea for a trashbin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a trashbin for model S. I found one of the reason I will not buy the CCI from Teslaaccessories is the lack of trash bin. I would like to know if any fellow members have come up with any ideas.

I don't think I've ever seen a center console with an incorporated trash bin. You could get yourself a little tupperware bin that would fit into the open center console, and put some self-stick velcro on the bottom to hold it to the carpet...

IMG_7392.JPG

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo...

I've tried a few different things for capturing car trash over the years, but the latest is by far my favorite (and a freebie, handed out by our local power company at an EV event!). Trash can't easily come back out the top, the bottom opens up for easy emptying, and it's not overly big. In the Roadster, it fits in the small space under the console. I have another one in the Prius & that one will undoubtedly be in an X someday.

car trash bag.jpg

I'd be afraid that valuables will end up in an open trash thingy. Thus you will have to wade thru it each time before dumping out.

A Baltimore Oriole type nest ie a Subway sandwich bag hanging from the dash requires deliberate effort thus can be tossed with abandon. A screw into the inside of glovebox lid might serve as a hang point, or even short length of 12 ga copper wire.
--

I writ therefore I be. Oops, b1194 beat me to it, again!!

A Baltimore Oriole type nest ie a Subway sandwich bag hanging from the dash requires deliberate effort thus can be tossed with abandon. A screw into the inside of glovebox lid might serve as a hang point, or even short length of 12 ga copper wire.

One of the oil change shops I used to go to gave out plastic trash bags that had a 1" or so hole near the top. You opened the glove box, fitted it over the latch mechanism and closed the lid. The bag would hang down in front of the glove box.

Google image search shows this is a Case Logic ATB-10 Black Car Trash Bag. It looks to be discontinued at most places, but Sears looks to have it still...
those are what I have and they work great, not too large, but big enough for the usual tissues, gum wrappers, receipts, etc. Easy to dump out via the roll-up velcro closure on the bottom.