Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I am now spending a lot of time in Boise, as I am dating someone who lives over here in Ada. She also happens to work at the IDAHO transportation department and has sent me information regarding NEVI and Idaho. I’m afraid I didn’t do a super good job of getting involved last summer when they were seeking input. Did anyone else?

Take a look at this link for the updated plan. it shows salmon as an area of interest along a highlighted route. Stanley is an area of interest, not along a highlighted grout and they will focus on the highlighted routes first as I understand. there is a bunch of other data also. I will be asking if there are any further opportunities to give input.

View attachment 1044708
I was on line when they did the call last spring and gave my two cents. Advocated for your concern as well as my own.

• Love
Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Oh, and I also got Michelin Ice-X tires for this winter, and put them on my stock rims. Seemed to improve winter traction quite a bit. Not a huge difference in range that I noticed. Putting Bridgestone Turanza Quiettracks on Discount Tire wheels for the summer.
I have Nokian Hakkas with studs on OEM rims. I am very happy with them. "Summer" tires now Nokian Ones, a little oversized for a bit of lift. They got me through the terrible roads last week when there were slide offs happening around us.

I find range is mostly: can I get to the next charger I need to go to. 5% plus or minus is not terribly important. You can just slow down a hair. Charger placement is the biggest deal. There's a shortage of components that is slowing installations. Also Charge Point isn't very motivated, and they seem to be the company that is contracted for the non Tesla stations in Idaho.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I have Nokian Hakkas with studs on OEM rims. I am very happy with them. "Summer" tires now Nokian Ones, a little oversized for a bit of lift. They got me through the terrible roads last week when there were slide offs happening around us.

I find range is mostly: can I get to the next charger I need to go to. 5% plus or minus is not terribly important. You can just slow down a hair. Charger placement is the biggest deal. There's a shortage of components that is slowing installations. Also Charge Point isn't very motivated, and they seem to be the company that is contracted for the non Tesla stations in Idaho.
I have tended to like the ChargePoint charging stations. I have used as the equipment and app seems to work better than for example Electrify America, such as at the mountain home Walmart. Those charge just fine, but the displays are hard to read, and the app doesn’t seem to work very well. I have had no luck with EVGo yet though I’ve only tried it a time or two. And though it is not the fastest charge in the world, I am very grateful for the weird science project looking one in Arco next to the nuclear sub fin in that little park near the center of town.

I may try Nokians down the road but so far have not missed studs and frankly didn’t know they made “”summer” tires before just recently. And I agree with your other remarks with plus or -5%. Still very much enjoying the car and think it’s good for my use here in the mountains of Idaho, despite all the EM problems and annoyances. Would sure like it if “they” could hurry up with filling in charging though.

The other drive that is just a little problematic is if I am needing to be at a PSIA event at Grand Targhee. The Idaho Falls supercharger will get me there. But if I have multiple days on the event, there isn’t a good fast charging option in Victor or Driggs yet that I am aware of unless one has come in the last few months. Having a DFCS charger in Victor or Driggs would be nice. Other than those routes, I’m feeling pretty good about things.

Last edited:
New tires and wheel day! Discount Tire, Eagle. I went silver, and I liked the look. And yes, the car needs to be washed. I do think I want to see if I can replace the DRAG centercaps. Also, second set from discount tire and so far I have been pleased. Before, have either been Les Schwab in Hailey, and other vehicles, or Costco. So far only discount tire with my Tesla. At last, I was expecting an easy walk to the Boise co-op from here, and though the distance certainly was, Eagle Road is like taking your life in your hands. It’s like they’re going out of the way to make pedestrian travel difficult in this neighborhood. I guess I am used to small town life and have become a bit of a country mouse in that regard.
IMG_1689.jpeg

New tires and wheel day! Discount Tire, Eagle. I went silver, and I liked the look. And yes, the car needs to be washed. I do think I want to see if I can replace the DRAG centercaps. Also, second set from discount tire and so far I have been pleased. Before, have either been Les Schwab in Hailey, and other vehicles, or Costco. So far only discount tire with my Tesla. At last, I was expecting an easy walk to the Boise co-op from here, and though the distance certainly was, Eagle Road is like taking your life in your hands. It’s like they’re going out of the way to make pedestrian travel difficult in this neighborhood. I guess I am used to small town life and have become a bit of a country mouse in that regard.
View attachment 1044811
Thank you so much for your business, we greatly appreciate your support.