Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I really like this Heatshield sun shade. 100% block and nice and cool!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you received the wrong product.

The roof shade I received has suction cups permanently attached. I believe the video showed the cups being attached after adding a support flap and a ring, but that must have been an old version. Mine have none of that. There is no way to remove the suction cups on the version I received and I like it much better.

The roof shade is in two parts. Each part has 6 permanently attached suction cups.

I bought side window shades as well and they are built similarly but have 4 suction cups.

The roof shade I received has suction cups permanently attached. I believe the video showed the cups being attached after adding a support flap and a ring, but that must have been an old version. Mine have none of that. There is no way to remove the suction cups on the version I received and I like it much better.

The roof shade is in two parts. Each part has 6 permanently attached suction cups.

I bought side window shades as well and they are built similarly but have 4 suction cups.

Do you have any images/pic that you might be able to share, both of the product (out of the car) and in the car when installed?

This^^^. In fact, the "instructions" refer to pulling on a "ring" on the suction cup to release. Mine has no rings, and are exactly as rjpjnk describes.

I've driven several hundred miles with them attached and they haven't budged. The company recommends removing them when the car is to be driven, to avoid the risk of having them fall down. Actually, even if the front of the shield broke loose, it wouldn't fall in front of the driver and obscure vision.

Someone mentioned "ugly" in a previous post. My wife and daughter haven't even noticed them since they were installed, and the heat rejection is huge. The shield is barely warm to the touch, out in 102f TX sun!!!!

(Due to an ordering snafu, I received 2 sets of sunshields. Willing to sell one [unopened, still in the box], best offer, plus shipping. PM me if interested. )

Last edited:
So I received the roof shade and found no instructions, suction cups or anything else included. Do I need to order these separately or was a mistake made? I sent the company an email but it is the weekend and I have not heard from them yet.

They finally acknowledged they sent me the wrong item, sent me the correct item, and asked me to return the original item.

Bizarrely, in the time it took me to return the (huge) incorrect covers, they sent me two additional boxes. The smaller one was the correct item and I have NO idea what the other larger box is. To be honest, I can't bring myself to open it. I'm just going to wait a while and see if they follow up with me. But I have returned the first item that it took two weeks to determine was incorrect and needed to be returned...

They finally acknowledged they sent me the wrong item, sent me the correct item, and asked me to return the original item.

Bizarrely, in the time it took me to return the (huge) incorrect covers, they sent me two additional boxes. The smaller one was the correct item and I have NO idea what the other larger box is. To be honest, I can't bring myself to open it. I'm just going to wait a while and see if they follow up with me. But I have returned the first item that it took two weeks to determine was incorrect and needed to be returned...

It loos like they’re not fitting flush but I just wasn’t careful. I’m confident they could fit correctly and cover all gaps.

Also I was already using this as my windshield cover very successfully and is the reason why I chose this company to go with for the roof cover. I think I’ll probably just leave the rear cover in most of the time or take the front cover down when remove the windshield cover, to drive, etc.

FDF0BD38-8A7D-4814-A8BF-B17BA11C6B11.jpeg

217F5919-8C9D-4EBF-9E85-76B83E05A3D3.jpeg

One of my suction cups broke and I contacted them and they are sending a replacement free. I have the style without rings, which looks a lot nicer, but they told me the new design is much stronger. I assume that is what you show in the pictures. Anyway, great company to do business with, and I love how well they work!

Just for fun I installed my other roof shade (the mesh type with clips) for the day. It is good, and definitely blocks a lot of heat, but not nearly as much as these Heatshields.

One of my suction cups broke and I contacted them and they are sending a replacement free. I have the style without rings, which looks a lot nicer, but they told me the new design is much stronger. I assume that is what you show in the pictures. Anyway, great company to do business with, and I love how well they work!

Just for fun I installed my other roof shade (the mesh type with clips) for the day. It is good, and definitely blocks a lot of heat, but not nearly as much as these Heatshields.
From what I can tell the rings are mostly to help break the seal of the cups when you want to remove them. They really stick on there and I feel like you wouldn't have much leverage without the ring to grip the cup, let alone remove it.

Agreed. That's how I broke mine by pulling it off (no rings here).
Since then I found that if I use my finger between the glass and the cup I can very easily pop the cups off with little effort. I might end up preferring the non-ringed version for appearance, but the ringed version for ease of removal.