Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I just bought the car of my dreams! A 2011 3.0 Roadster!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe it. After completing the test drive on Tuesday, I felt like I was leaving a friend behind. I had to own it. I have a Model S I absolutely love but it's apples and oranges. You can't compare the two. These roadsters are gems. They feel like a retro racecar but with a drivetrain straight from the future. I can imagine this car blowing minds 10 years ago.

I made a post this week asking for help and everybody here was so helpful and ready to offer advice. It made me feel very welcomed. Thank you.

Anyways,

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.44 PM.png

It's a 2011 with the R80 upgrade. 17,000 miles. CAC is reading nice and high at 193, with a full charge netting around 314 miles. "Arctic White" paint. Carbon fiber interior with tan accents. I absolutely love this thing. I just plugged the car in after 120 miles of highway driving and a bunch of test rides for the family. Flashing amber light is normal from what I found online.

I'm going to take great care of this vehicle. It's about due for the PEM refurb and I'll get that handled in August. While it's in Phoenix for a few weeks I'll most likely upgrade the headlights and put some carbon ceramic brakes on. Without these features however, the car is still a dream. I configured roadsters for fun on teslamotors.com ten years ago. Every color. Every option. I never dreamed I'd own any Tesla but ten years later it happened. I got the roadster of the my dreams!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.46.33 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 235
Amazing car; Love the white, sharp as makes the CF or black pieces around the car POP.

Don't think there are any Carbon Ceramic Brakes or Rotors you can use for the Telsa Roadster as the Front and Rear Rotors are 5 slotted bolts and different sizes.

Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors, NEW batch for 2020

What we could do though is send the old rotors; which I or someone here can opt to do so; I was going to until I saw Dave offered new batch; but they would need one rear rotor and one front rotor. This could be your best bet as you can get something serious or no one has and be separate from the rest.

Not sure if the carbon ceramic brakes will help at all for the price of cost; the calipers don't squeeze that easily to to the rotors so probably doesn't matter if they are Carbon Ceramic or Cast Iron for the performance.

"Yes we can relatively easily do this BUT we would require 1 x front and 1 x rear OEM Tesla disc/ rotor to make them

We would need to accurately measure all aspects of the OEM parts before we could quote for replacements.

If you can provide the above I can get them drawn in CAD and quoted for within 24 hours of receipt.

Manufacture would be about 7-10 WORKING days from the go ahead.

Kind regards

Geary"

[email protected]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: asimo3089
Thanks everybody! Enjoying the car. I've gone for quite a few drives around town already and now I'm just waiting for my favorite mountain road to open back up. It's been closed due to wildfires which is the worst timing ever!

Yes it was babydoc's car. Absolutely stunning! Just take out the smoked lens please and make them OEM and undue the chrome delete that was done on your Tesla rear emblem. Just kidding. If you like it, keep it! to each his/her own!

I'll probably keep the wrapped taillights! I'm normally not a fan because of visibility but in person I'm really enjoying them. They're also pretty bright even in daylight.
I was thinking of putting brighter headlights on when I do the pem upgrade. Is this something frowned upon with some roadster owners? Maybe I should just leave it the way they are. They're OK, just not modern.

Thanks everybody! Enjoying the car. I've gone for quite a few drives around town already and now I'm just waiting for my favorite mountain road to open back up. It's been closed due to wildfires which is the worst timing ever!

I'll probably keep the wrapped taillights! I'm normally not a fan because of visibility but in person I'm really enjoying them. They're also pretty bright even in daylight.
I was thinking of putting brighter headlights on when I do the pem upgrade. Is this something frowned upon with some roadster owners? Maybe I should just leave it the way they are. They're OK, just not modern.

Headlight mod - video

New Roadster owner :cool: