Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have a very odd problem with the center console (refresh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
I have an odd problem. I was on the way to the bank to deposit a check and set it on the closed cover of the center console.
Before I knew it, the check slid forward down the cover and disappeared into the crack between the cover and the wireless charging dock.
I am unable to access the forward area from inside the center console.
I did figure out that you can remove the wireless charging dock by pulling it up and back but there is a support structure for the dock that blocks access the area below.
Before I try to dismantle the car further, does anybody know of an easy way to access the area under the front of the center console?

Sorry can’t help you on dismantling.

But for the record, I can’t remember the last time I went to bank to deposit a check. Even very large ones. Probably at least 10 years. It’s a LOT easier, quicker and safer to use your phone ;)

Good luck digging it out.

Sorry can’t help you on dismantling.

But for the record, I can’t remember the last time I went to bank to deposit a check. Even very large ones. Probably at least 10 years. It’s a LOT easier, quicker and safer to use your phone ;)

Good luck digging it out.
Yes. Paper checks are stupid.
When I lived in Switzerland 15 years ago, they had already abolished checks. Everything was EFT. The US has a backwards system.
Unfortunately the monthly dollar limit that Bank of America puts on deposits by phone means I have to go to the bank or ATM. Stupid BofA.

Yes. Paper checks are stupid.
When I lived in Switzerland 15 years ago, they had already abolished checks. Everything was EFT. The US has a backwards system.
Unfortunately the monthly dollar limit that Bank of America puts on deposits by phone means I have to go to the bank or ATM. Stupid BofA.
I was curious how stupid BofA was and what my BofA monthly limit was, it’s $75,000.00 but it varies by account status, age of account etc.