Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I experienced the worst of Teslas during our road trip. And it wasn't that bad!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) There was no wait at the superchargers (although I was driving at kind of off times; about 6:00 am Saturday on the way down and 8:00 pm Sunday driving home)

2) I have 20 inch tires

3) I wasn't charged for the tire, but need to go to the service center on Friday to get a matching tire and return this "loaner" one so I'll update once I know more on Friday.
Do you have to go to the service center that brought the temp tire or just your local service center?

Good write-up. A flat is a concern in this and many new cars that come w/o a spare. I keep a plug kit, fix-a-flat goop and compressor in the car but it's not a fix all. This cold weather is killing my range! Went upstate last weekend, 150 miles which is not usually a problem. Thankfully I pass a couple superchargers on the way and have used them plenty this winter.
Wonder where you stayed. Manhattan is loaded with destination chargers.

Tesla sells a tire inflation / repair kit which can help too. The last time I checked, it was $50. Not bad!

Also the kit connects to the car's 12 V outlet and has an automated air compressor, so it's really nice to have when you're traveling.