Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't imagine - What will part 2 bring?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's 253K now.....and they didn't expect this before part 2?

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 3.48.04 PM.png

My best guess:
  • Advanced autopilot features demonstration
  • Details on battery sizes, acceleration, performance models (perhaps beating the Bugatti Chiron on acceleration?
  • demonstrating electrochromatic glass roof option (to be able to tint the glass by the press if a button). sounds crazy, but AnxietyRanger pointed to the possibility when the first Model X prototypes hit the road, and I like the idea.

I expect part 2 will be announcing the list of available options, specifications, and maybe option pricing.

There may be some nice surprises in the option list, and the standard equipment list as well.

GSP

That's what I'm sayin' !! I think it's a bigger deal that AP enhancements...or even the Y. First he teases about it "super next level" ...then he says this. Hmmmmm.....

I will probably wait for the Y, so I hope it is that. But, I suspect we will not see the Y for while given Tesla's reservation success with the 3. I think of the Y like the X as a car Tesla would only rush to the market if they were having a demand problem which they most definitely are not!

I cannot imagine that this is about model Y, a roadster, pick-up or any of those... because I expect the focus to be totally on production start ASAP.... (concentration of effort etc...) but I agree that expectations get very high with announcements like this....
So something big could also mean that ... months from now they can show further development and include details as AP (+?), HUD, next gen batteries etc. that will make this car even more desirable...

But I hope I'm wrong, because I want that Y, the roadster AND the pick-up! :cool:

AND I hope I'm right, because I have no idea yet how to pay for all of them.... :(

My crazy dream is for AP advanced enough that the car can drive itself to the service center and be replaced by a loaner also via an autonomous process thus solving a lot of the servicing problems for folks like me who live far away and will probably not live any closer than an hour for a long time coming.

Reactions: Jhsq
I think Level 4 (capable) autonomy. Maybe not at launch, but within the first half of 2018. The largest clue, for me at least, is the design of the dash. Aside from the wheel, it's entirely symmetrical on each side, and very minimal. If you look at BMWs, Mercedes etc, the dash forms part of the cockpit that wraps around the driver. In the 3, it does nothing of the sort, it's so understated it's really not a significant feature of the car interior at all, just there to provide airbags and a mounting point for the screen. And the landscape screen? Much better for watching TV while your 3 whisks you to your destination. This seems like pure fantasy, but look at how far things have come so far, and never underestimate Elon in terms of ambition.