Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Humans hating on robots / AI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there are such a classification of people that hate robots / AI nearly the same way people can hate on a certain race.

I know someone that always hating anything that's autonomous or is a robot. We were in LA and he saw one of those food delivery robots and he started saying like, "those things are so stupid, there is a reason why people kick them over." I wish people didn't have to steal from them or vandalize them yet they would not go assault or steal from a human delivery person. I would support laws that protect robots for people who vandalize them, maybe not an assault charge, but something close to it if it's done to a robot. I do not understand why people are against robots doing stuff like food delivery. Or Lime scooters which could mean no human driver needed but people hate them and want to destroy them. Also Cruise in SF, people hate on those too trying to put traffic cones on them to disrupt them. I wish there were specific laws targeted at people who intentionally interfere with a robot. So that way people can just leave them alone and let them do their thing and we can progress to an autonomous future, but some people hate it. I think some people know they are inferior to a robot because Mark Rober said robots are much better than humans doing repetitive tasks.

I also have my E-scooter hack where I have a scooter in my trunk. In order to bypass paying for parking I just park 1-2 miles away and almost all the time there will be somewhere reasonable to park for an electric scooter.

Also this guy I know is an advantage arcade player who attempts to make nearly all his income reselling prizes. He is against the idea of trying out my spreadsheets to help him make educated decisions with his arcade venture. I think because a spreadsheet resembles a robot that does all the thinking for him and to him that's an insult to his gut feeling. He will just say I can make as much money and as many arcades as I want and have no need for a spreadsheet. He says he has been doing this arcade thing so long he feels he can just wing it but I am against just winging stuff if I could use a spreadsheet to stay under control. But I think his idea is that he doesn't want a spreadsheet to determine how he plays at the arcade. He just wants to walk in and walk out hoping he profited and not really remembering how many tickets he has on his card and hope what he has is still there.

I also made a spreadsheet for $100 free reward for Dave and Busters food. You have to be under or exactly at $100.00 before tax (menu price) to owe nothing, if you're 1 cent over, you will owe the tax so if you go over 1 cent ($100.01) you will owe around $7-8 since tax rate here is like 7.75%. Register will read $100.01 after tax $107.76 so it will go like $107.76 - $100 = $7.76 so you can't just owe 1 cent. So I made a spreadsheet for that, so I can quickly calculate the food bill and get as close to $100 as possible to get the best value without wasting time trying to pull out a calculator or being wrong by that 1 cent. But I really like anything that is autonomous and I think a spreadsheet is the closest thing I can do that is like programming a robot. One time, he refused to let me use my spreadsheet calculator because he thought it was rude to the server to read off a spreadsheet. He hated the idea of a spreadsheet dictating how we explained our order to the server. He said he knew what I ordered, but he ended up missing 1-2 items on the list and we only redeemed like $80 of $100 of food so we lost some value just because he didn't want a spreadsheet. He knows he can only be for sure accurate if only calculating to around $80 but he wouldn't dare to try calculate anything in his head / calculator to the accuracy of $95-$100 which would be 95% to 100% accurate. Eventually, he just let me use my spreadsheet on future free food orders, I think he knows it works but if he lets me use it, I won't nag him that robots are better.

My spreadsheet on like multiple occasions has gotten me 99% accuracy, I got our order to be between $99.00 to $100 on many occasions without trying. Like maybe when I get to the $85 mark of all the random stuff we ordered, then I just start slimming it down to like a $15 appetizer because the spreadsheet will say what I have remaining left and all I got to do is find that appetizer that's $15. I could afford to take chances to the 99% accuracy mark with a spreadsheet. My human friends would never dare attempt to calculate an order with that kind of accuracy in their head or manual calculator, they know they can't do it when in a hectic environment like Dave and Busters.

Which is why I think robots are awesome and computer programs are cool. They can be so accurate without trying if they are programmed right. I wish self driving cars could get the the point where it's like my spreadsheet that is never wrong.