Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How would you finance a Tesla with a Ltd company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi just wondering how the best way to get a Tesla is when having a Ltd company. If we had the funds I would buy it outright as I think that is best due to the used prices being so high.

I have been looking a pcp etc but can’t understand if that is a good deal ?

Any help would be great

EVs qualify for 100% first year allowance, so you can write them off against tax, assuming your tax bill is large enough.

I'm not sure what the situation would be when/if you come to sell the car?

You can reclaim 50% of the VAT if you lease;

EV BIK is 1% this year, 2% next year and the year after. Company car advisory fuel rate is currently 5p/mile, ok if you charge at home, a problem if you supercharge often.

EVs qualify for 100% first year allowance, so you can write them off against tax, assuming your tax bill is large enough.

I'm not sure what the situation would be when/if you come to sell the car?

You can reclaim 50% of the VAT if you lease;

EV BIK is 1% this year, 2% next year and the year after. Company car advisory fuel rate is currently 5p/mile, ok if you charge at home, a problem if you supercharge often.

Many accountants didn't know about company cars in general and EVs in particular a couple of years ago, few people did company cars as they were taxed highly. I hope that's improved.

Be careful of VAT, certainly when you buy - it has a high bar for being VAT-free.

You might buy a Tesla/EV, get 100% First Year Allowance, even depreciation depending on whether you have enough tax to offset in the first year. "Book value" might be very low but if you sell above this, it ends up being a taxable profit AFAIK, do own research etc. I think you don't get the depreciation in the year you sell a car.

Worth checking if you charge/supercharge via a charge/"fuel card" scheme for business miles - it might be claimable. I can't find a decent link right now, but worth researching.

PCP/Hire Purchase might allow 100% First Year Allowance, lease doesn't (AFAIK, do own research)