Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How To Keep Rear A/C On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to have the rear AC vent (and Pillar vents) activate all the time when you are in the car alone. I have tried those seat belt plugs, activating child seat, etc. Nothing seems to be a consistent fix. The reason I ask is because I live in S. Florida. It's always hot here, and preconditioning the call with all vents running is quicker and better. Plus I prefer to have all the vents in the car on all the time as it will reach proper temp quicker. I also have a Golden Retriever who is always in the car with me. If he decides to lay on the floor in the back, between the captains seats (I have the six seater), it will not trigger the vent to go on. I really don't want to place an object on the back seats just to trick the sensor if I don't have to...Just wondering if anybody has figured out the way to have the rear vents go on all the time

To quote the Prime Minister:
"I refer the right honourable gentlemen to the answer I gave some moments ago" ( in the other thread ;) )

Bring up Climate Controls
Rear (4)
Toggle off blue AUTO button. (no picture of THAT in the manual, but it's at the top left)

1706588223020.png

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modelx/en_us/

Last edited:
Odd Indeed.
I just went out and checked, and you are right, the above DOESN"T work to keep it running.
I had the exact opposite situation, in that I usually don't want it to run.
Last summer it kept blowing for a few days when I didn't want it to run (no one in the back) so toggling off the auto worked for me.