Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to check if Automatic Emergency Braking is Enabled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s a message that pops up, I’m not sure if it’s this one or not, but it happens when on autopilot (adaptive cruise control) and the accelerator pedal is pressed.

AP can’t brake because the pedal overrides it. Once the pedal is no longer pressed, it can brake as needed.

Upvote 0
There’s a message that pops up, I’m not sure if it’s this one or not, but it happens when on autopilot (adaptive cruise control) and the accelerator pedal is pressed.

AP can’t brake because the pedal overrides it. Once the pedal is no longer pressed, it can brake as needed.
To clarify, turn on autopilot then press the accelerator. This will make the message popup if automatic emergency braking is disabled?

Upvote 0
Tried all the steps when it first came up. I thought it was gone but it popped up once again then disappeared.

My googling doesn't show if the error message is supposed to be persistent which means the error is there or if it goes away then the error is resolved?

I have other non related issues so I'll have the Tesla service center check it out at my appointment.

Upvote 0