Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How "rattly" is the Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,

Looking to get a plaid, but I got a Model X Plaid a few months ago and am afraid to say it rattles quite a bit, theres a lot of "popping" going on the edges of the dash when doing accel/decel...

Is the Model S the same or is it a lot more solid feeling than the Model X, I just feel like the model X flexes too much.

Thanks!
JC

I haven't owned the Mode X, but I have a Model S coming from MBenz S-class and other high end BMWs. I can tell you that the Model S is equally silent as far as rattles to my Benz. It's certainly better than BMWs in that aspect. I don't hear a single pop, squeak or rattle. I test drove Model X before and didn't like it.

Despite many people warning me about the quality, the interior build quality in my 2023 S is really really really superior. I love that I can push/click anywhere and I won't even hear plastic noise squeaking or popping.

Reference: Late 2023 Model S build.

Reactions: James Cole
Tesla did a really good job with the interior about rattles minus the defective rear seats and latch. You can crank up the sound system and you won’t have any rattles or buzzing like most cars. According to Matt Schafer on YouTube the refresh S is a big reduction in parts quality compared to the old S. Referring to things behind the scenes such as parts being hot glued together, using cardboard instead of plastic etc.

My 22 MSP had all the rattles before it was bought back - 40mph steering column, front suspension passenger side, passenger seat back, rear seats headrests, rear seat latches… there’s also the whistling noise above 70mph and a broken window regulator that lowers/raises the rear passenger side window from time to time, it continues clicking as if someone was holding the “window down/up” switch.