Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much money you have spent on your Tesla after took it home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe around $6000.

Major purchases: Front PPF/ window tint $2k, Laser shifter/radar detector $2K, Roof rack $500, Tesla charger $500, Wheel spacers $300, Interior mods: dash and center console items, footwell lights, etc

Reactions: house9
I completely understand you being a car guy and having the Nurburgring near by. ;)

I thought buying my MY would save me money in the long run so long as I stay away from autocross or a track.

It's a double post, but it can be a useful warning not to repeat my mistake of spending here and there a bit:
parts7dec2020-png.615215

I completely understand you being a car guy and having the Nurburgring near by. ;)

I thought buying my MY would save me money in the long run so long as I stay away from autocross or a track.
It'd be cheaper to just buy a Miata for that lol.
I have one and I'm still buying all this stuff. Plan didn't quite work out.

Attachments

• 20201207_132830.jpg
    20201207_132830.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: mark95476
Around $4k for tinting, TST 20" wheels and tires set, UPP soft springs ordered, modelYshelf, Tesla logo door floodlights, plus various interior improvements such as wrap for the center console and the Hansshow 'HUD'. Then another $2K for the acceleration boost.

Definitely spent more than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

$330 - Homelink
$65 - Memory Stick (PURETESLA)
$2100 - Front PPF (XPEL)
$285 - VarioBarrier HR
$340 - Tesmanian Mats (fronts, second row, cargo, second-row backs)
$38 - Tesla Frunk Mat
$15 - Console Organizer
$129 - Quick Bandit Plate Holder
$500 - Tesla Roof Rack
$35 - NEMA 14-50 Adapter (haven't used it yet)
$18 - Charging cable organizer
$23 - Tesla Jack Pucks
$80 - Tesla Tire Repair Kit
$7,020 - TSportline TY115 Forged 20" rims + Micheline X-ICE SNOW
$2,610 - MountainPass Performance Coilovers
$75 - Covercraft Model 3 Windshield Cover
$197 - RennStand

$13,860 TOTAL

The majority is the PPF, coilovers, and wheels. I still need to get the coilover installed (another $1200 with alignment) and a new roof cargo box to go on the roof rack. Other than getting some new All Season wheels for my 21" ubers once there are some available, I'm done.

$330 - Homelink
$65 - Memory Stick (PURETESLA)
$2100 - Front PPF (XPEL)
$285 - VarioBarrier HR
$340 - Tesmanian Mats (fronts, second row, cargo, second-row backs)
$38 - Tesla Frunk Mat
$15 - Console Organizer
$129 - Quick Bandit Plate Holder
$500 - Tesla Roof Rack
$35 - NEMA 14-50 Adapter (haven't used it yet)
$18 - Charging cable organizer
$23 - Tesla Jack Pucks
$80 - Tesla Tire Repair Kit
$2,610 - MountainPass Performance Coilovers
$75 - Covercraft Model 3 Windshield Cover
$197 - RennStand

$13,860 TOTAL

The majority is the PPF, coilovers, and wheels. I still need to get the coilover installed (another $1200 with alignment) and a new roof cargo box to go on the roof rack. Other than getting some new All Season wheels for my 21" ubers once there are some available, I'm done.

??? How many did you buy? 8?

??? How many did you buy? 8?

They're just really expensive I guess. I purchased the TS5 at first, but didn't love the look. I saw the TS115 on the Model S and wanted that. So I asked TSportline and they did a custom version for the Y for me. They're forged, 25 lbs, and look great. Just got them today. The price also includes TPMS and the tires.

Financially reasonable? No.

Impulse? Yes.

Regrets? I just won't think about it.

Full Frontal PPF- $1400
Tint (Windshield, front and rear windows)- $625
Graphene Ceramic Coat- $900
Rocker Panel PPF - Free ($375)

ive bought other things for the car like interiors mats and stuff but dont feel like itemizing those rn

Not much here. 3D MaxPider mats, a tire pump, a tire repair kit, metal lift pucks, a 1 tb sd card, a Jeda hub (got a ship notice, yay!), the paint touch up kit, AO screen protector and matte black center console wrap, and The Last Coat v2 for the exterior paint and glass. My personal property tax increase, about $100 more per month, dwarfs my addons.