Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many will be ordering rear facing seats? Poll

Will you be ordering the rear facing child seats?

• Definately ordering and putting the tikes in the back!

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Not ordering, I have no use for rear facing seats

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Undecided, I need more information

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, getting the seats.
My wife is neurotic about car seat installation and these will save me about 30min of time watching her put them in and then testing them for micromotion under stress.

I have 4 young kids using restraint seats in a Sienna minivan.

I feel your pain.

Specifically your lower back pain after adjusting a seat...

In my case, the rear facing seats mean I will only have to move two at a time, right there that is worth $1,500 for me.

JP

Looking at the Options page again today (after reading GeorgeB's new blog post), is the highlighted wording new or has it been around for a bit? In any case, we know where the hard cap is now.

Rear Facing Seats

Do something special for the kids in your life by outfitting Model S with rear facing jump seats. These seats are equipped with five-point harness seat belts for young children up to 5-feet tall and designed to fold completely flat when not in use. With instant seating for seven, Model S quickly becomes the sportiest carpool-ready sedan ever produced.

I did not originally order the seats, but modified my order after receiving the email notice from Tesla that you couldn't add them retroactively. I had been on the fence, and that was enough to put me over.