Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long until the facelifted MS becomes a CPO option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I cancelled my Model 3 reservation, as I test drove a Model S the other day, and despite most people saying about how big it is on UK roads, I found it quite alright. That said, I have had mid sized pick up trucks for years, so the MS is 18 inches shorter but about the same width. I have costed for a new MS, but for a 60D with AP, nextgen seats, deep blue metallic paint, Pano roof, premium upgrade and the 21" wheels is north of £70k.

What is the depreciation like on a Model S?
Is it worth £20K in my pocket to wait just a year to 18 months to get a CPO deal?

Thanks in advance.

I like the new shape. I don't like the classic, which is why I am willing to wait. I can still wait 18 months for what is currently the new version of the S, and have that as a CPO for much less than a new one, and much sooner than the Model 3 that I just cancelled would take to be delivered.
I know that a CPO classic P85+ loaded is only £62k for about 18 months old and less than 10,000 miles on the clock, so hoped that a CPO 60D would have an even higher depreciation, especially with the M3 coming out.

12 months ago, I was thinking the 85D would become available as a CPO since the Model X came out but that has yet to happen. Tesla controls the CPO program and has no qualms on holding onto their used car inventory for whatever reason they want.