Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How LONG must I wait for my MCU2 UPGRADE???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if they're setup to have screens for these cars for the long-term.

It'd be quite frustrating if 2024 rolls around and every S out there gets totaled when screen fails and there are no replacement screens anywhere on the planet.

I believe S and X still don't use screens rated for automotive use. Model 3 is designed to last a long time

On May 29 my SC said they ordered the parts for my MCU2 upgrade. As of tomorrow, that will be 5 weeks. Has anyone else had to wait this long for the parts?
Ordered the Infotainment MCU2 upgrade parts February 10, 2022 and just had Tesla service center reschedule me for third time to April 15, 2022...so two full months IF the parts arrive then. Frustrating as hell but Tesla telling me that they have little control over parts back-up...particularly the LTE chip.

Frustrating as hell but Tesla telling me that they have little control over parts back-up...particularly the LTE chip.

I believe this on all accounts. First. the supply chain shortage is definitely still causing issues up and down the retail industry. Second, AT&T decommissioning their 3G network at the start of the year only exacerbated the issue but placing a higher demand on the LTE upgrade.

Finally, yes I absolutely believe this is frustrating as hell and I hope they get your parts in sooner than later.

Ordered the Infotainment MCU2 upgrade parts February 10, 2022 and just had Tesla service center reschedule me for third time to April 15, 2022...so two full months IF the parts arrive then. Frustrating as hell but Tesla telling me that they have little control over parts back-up...particularly the LTE chip.

What car do you have? Are they charging you an extra $260 for the upgrade?

Nowhere on the Infotainment Upgrade page was this additional charge mentioned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 9.58.15 PM Infotainment $260.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-12 at 9.58.15 PM Infotainment $260.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 75