Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, in the silicone valley, people are buying them like crazy. Less hand waving these days. But more Thumbs Ups!
Carol Doda hasn't been with us for a number of years.

I see too many 3s to bother waving anymore. Besides, most of the people traveling in the same direction as me aren't looking to the side. I'm going too fast to see the ones going the other way.

Guess it depends on where you live. Here in California in the Bay Area where you encounter a lot of Teslas every day and more each day it seems, no one bothers to wave. Since having our Teslas in early 2017, I have had only 1 person wave to me where I decided to give a short wave/hand up above the steering wheel and that was in my Model 3 maybe a month ago. I was excited to see it happen actually LOL. Such a rarity.

Guess it depends on where you live. Here in California in the Bay Area where you encounter a lot of Teslas every day and more each day it seems, no one bothers to wave. Since having our Teslas in early 2017, I have had only 1 person wave to me where I decided to give a short wave/hand up above the steering wheel and that was in my Model 3 maybe a month ago. I was excited to see it happen actually LOL. Such a rarity.
I've not seen any Tesla owners wave. Maybe because I was late to the game when I got my Model 3 and there were already so many Teslas on the road in the Bay Area? By contrast, I was an early adopter of the Prius and we fellow owners would wave at each other all the time for the first year or so after its introduction.

Last edited:
I honestly never think Teslas people were giving thumbs up/waving at each other but after i see this thread, I finally gave my first "thumbs up" to another Model 3 today on the road. In Vancouver Canada there are way too many Teslas already (In particular Model 3/X White color) and they were already pretty blend in as an average car already and nobody were ever waving each other.

However what caught my eye today is that Model 3 I spot today were nicely wrapped, super clean and two gentleman sat inside were both smile ear to ear - There is no way I'm not giving them a huge thumbs up.

I think Boston area is in the transition period to no waving. Sometimes I wave and don't get a response back. So then I stop waving, then feel bad when someone waves at me and I didn't have time to wave back. So I start waving again....