Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you access the Premium Connectivity music stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
Listings
I took delivery of a new Model X today from a Tesla showroom. The vehicle is tied to the same email address as a Model 3 in the household; and also tied to my Tesla Powerwalls.

They said the vehicle would come with a free year of Premium Connectivity. I got an email that said I have a year of trial, and the "Software" screen indicates the Premium Connectivity expires in 2024.

But when I hit that whack/weird orange square thing, the only "streaming" option that appears is a Slacker Radio login. On my wife's Model 3, there's a list of music stations.

I've tried to logging in with my Tesla ID (the same ID that is tied to the car), but it doesn't work. The button to connect with the Tesla ID is greyed out and I can't connect.

The Tesla rep at the delivery center said "I can't help you but you can open a ticket" and sent me on my way. Any idea what I'm supposed to do? I remember it was super easy to access Slacker on the Model 3.

I took delivery of a new Model X today from a Tesla showroom. The vehicle is tied to the same email address as a Model 3 in the household; and also tied to my Tesla Powerwalls.

They said the vehicle would come with a free year of Premium Connectivity. I got an email that said I have a year of trial, and the "Software" screen indicates the Premium Connectivity expires in 2024.

But when I hit that whack/weird orange square thing, the only "streaming" option that appears is a Slacker Radio login. On my wife's Model 3, there's a list of music stations.

I've tried to logging in with my Tesla ID (the same ID that is tied to the car), but it doesn't work. The button to connect with the Tesla ID is greyed out and I can't connect.

The Tesla rep at the delivery center said "I can't help you but you can open a ticket" and sent me on my way. Any idea what I'm supposed to do? I remember it was super easy to access Slacker on the Model 3.
With regard to Slacker it just takes some time for Tesla to get the vehicle registered with Slacker, probably 24-36 hours or less. You won't need to enter any login credentials once that registration is complete. If it doesn't work within 48 hours of picking it up then submitting a service request on the app should get it fixed remotely (no actual appointment). Since you're already a Tesla family I assume you know to try a double scroll wheel reset for any problem.

Reactions: holeydonut
With regard to Slacker it just takes some time for Tesla to get the vehicle registered with Slacker, probably 24-36 hours or less. You won't need to enter any login credentials once that registration is complete. If it doesn't work within 48 hours of picking it up then submitting a service request on the app should get it fixed remotely (no actual appointment). Since you're already a Tesla family I assume you know to try a double scroll wheel reset for any problem.

Lol actually the Model 3 was my wife's. I'm as dumb as a box of rocks. I'll give it some time then try the double-scroll-wheel-reset-thing. Thanks!

Reactions: n.one.one