Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do u know when 6 months free charging is up? Is there a notice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks but I currently see the charges while I'm charging but then it is 0 charge on my account. I want to know when my last date of free charging is then I'll switch to mostly not using supercharging (sadly have alot of unused credit, but, well.............)

Thanks but I currently see the charges while I'm charging but then it is 0 charge on my account. I want to know when my last date of free charging is then I'll switch to mostly not using supercharging (sadly have alot of unused credit, but, well.............)

As mentioned above, log into your account and look under your account details, and it should tell you the end date of free supercharging.

If you were offered free unlimited supercharging for six months your account would show an expiration date.

If you were offered a fixed amount of supercharging miles (1,000 or 5,000 baseD on recent bonus programs) those miles only show up in your loot box on the phone app and the expiration date will not show up. We don’t really know how closely Tesla is tracking those expiration dates since there haven’t been a lot of posts from people who noticed them having expired.

The rules also state that for each additional referral code someone uses, you get an additional set of bonus miles AND your existing miles are extended for six additional months. But again none of this is displayed in the loot box so you won’t see an expiration date there.

Thanks, yes I'm on the 5000 mile (6 month which wasn't really disclosed found out about it here) and sadly have no way to get another referral to extend it.
Neither the loot box, nor my account shows an end date (as has been mentioned) so I was hoping someone who has this (or 1k promotion) could chime in.
If I charge after the six months but the loot box still shows free miles wonder if I can count of that or would be billed (or retro billed) anyway?

If you were offered free unlimited supercharging for six months your account would show an expiration date.

If you were offered a fixed amount of supercharging miles (1,000 or 5,000 baseD on recent bonus programs) those miles only show up in your loot box on the phone app and the expiration date will not show up. We don’t really know how closely Tesla is tracking those expiration dates since there haven’t been a lot of posts from people who noticed them having expired.

The rules also state that for each additional referral code someone uses, you get an additional set of bonus miles AND your existing miles are extended for six additional months. But again none of this is displayed in the loot box so you won’t see an expiration date there.

Thanks, yes I'm on the 5000 mile (6 month which wasn't really disclosed found out about it here) and sadly have no way to get another referral to extend it.
Neither the loot box, nor my account shows an end date (as has been mentioned) so I was hoping someone who has this (or 1k promotion) could chime in.
If I charge after the six months but the loot box still shows free miles wonder if I can count of that or would be billed (or retro billed) anyway?

If I were you I would just delete your credit card from your account profile. If the miles “expire” then should get prompted to provide a credit card. If they don’t ask you then it’s probably safe to assume they are still drawing down from your bonus miles.