Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how do I set-up a cloud profile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I got my car in Feb 2022. I set-up a local profile and drove around happily. Recently, I was having issues with my CPU. It was replaced under warranty. I had to reset all my profile settings.
At the same time, my husband got a new model Y. From day 1, he had a driver profile linked with an email to the cloud.
I don't! There is only my local account under "profiles", and an easy entry profile. There is no cloud-linked profile.

How can I set-up my profile on the cloud so I can avoid a hassle like what I recently experienced.
(I've seen numerous threads asking how to delete or alter cloud profiles, but none on how to set one up...)

Thanks for your help!

Was your car purchased under your husbands account or your account?
Mine - He is new to the "tesla universe". I've had mine for 15 months. (I purchased the car before the cloud profiles existed.) We don't share cars, so he has no driver profile on my car.
This is the thing - I don't have my full name / email as an option under driver profiles. Therefore, the manual instructions, and all online videos don't apply. They all presume I have a profile with an email already listed under user profiles. I'm beginning to suspect something went wrong with the set-up of my profile, or the synching of the phone app to the car? Not sure. I'm completely befuddled. (There is no driver profile on my car that is linked to an email.)

First off, are you talking about the cloud profile being missing from your car or your husband’s Y? If it’s your car, what model and year is it? Which software build is installed?

For cars that support cloud profiles, Driver Profile Settings should list all Tesla accounts that have access to that car. You won’t see the cloud profile on the drop-down list of profiles until you’ve gone to Driver Profile Settings and set it up. The manual link posted above tells you how to do that.

First off, are you talking about the cloud profile being missing from your car or your husband’s Y? If it’s your car, what model and year is it? Which software build is installed?

For cars that support cloud profiles, Driver Profile Settings should list all Tesla accounts that have access to that car. You won’t see the cloud profile on the drop-down list of profiles until you’ve gone to Driver Profile Settings and set it up. The manual link posted above tells you how to do that.
talking about a cloud profile on my 2022 model 3, which just got a new CPU.
The manual link presumes there's a profile already there with an email, and then gives instructions on how to configure it. I'm missing that email-linked account. I only have a local profile with my name. I'm thinking it's something bigger, because I DID just get the whole CPU replaced. Something may not be configured properly?

talking about a cloud profile on my 2022 model 3, which just got a new CPU.
The manual link presumes there's a profile already there with an email, and then gives instructions on how to configure it. I'm missing that email-linked account. I only have a local profile with my name. I'm thinking it's something bigger, because I DID just get the whole CPU replaced. Something may not be configured properly?
I recall another thread about someone losing their cloud profile after a computer replacement, maybe you can search for it.

Just to confirm, when you go to Driver Profile Settings, the same screen where you can create/delete profiles, you’re not seeing your account listed?

One day, I was driving by the service center.... I decided to just pull in and ask the guy behind the counter how my app could be synched to the car, yet my phone # was not there.. It actually was much more vexing than I even believed. It took them an hour of looking things up, try to re-set and synch things. They reinstalled the app on my phone. They changed settings on the car... Eventually, they asked the guy who replaced the CPU. He said that one very rare occassions, the phone # does not appear, but as long as the named profile is there (without the phone #), he claims everything is synching with the cloud. Basically, I have no choice but to trust him.

Where are you expecting your phone # to appear? If it’s in Driver Profiles, mine displays the name that I assigned my phone in phone settings, not my phone #. If my name in my phone settings (not in the Tesla app)is Godzilla, then it will display as Godzilla in the Driver Profile in the car.