Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you select your dashcam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However an issue is that due to the Model "S" windshield masking it won't get a gps signal installed. Suggest you hook it up before install and let it connect.
I placed My F750 to the right of the mirror, so part of it is actually touching the black transponder placement area (some Model Ss don't have this area). It GPS locks fairly quickly in that location, and only a very small amount of black show in the videos in the upper left corner.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
I placed My F750 to the right of the mirror, so part of it is actually touching the black transponder placement area (some Model Ss don't have this area). It GPS locks fairly quickly in that location, and only a very small amount of black show in the videos in the upper left corner.

Mine doesn't have that area ..... I ordered the GPS Re-radiating antenna waynesworld recommended ... see how that works .... :)

I find that the F750 takes about 2 hours to get an initial GPS fix. After that it seems to stay connected pretty well.

Unfortunately my car is normally parked underground, so I have to go through this initial fix period every time I want to use it. I don't really bother with it anymore — the speed camera database doesn't seem all that accurate anyway.