Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Button Poll: Where'd you stick 'em? And how good did they stick???

What interior surface types did you stick your S3XY Buttons to? And did they stay stuck or fall off?

• Plastic / Stuck well

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Plastic / Fell off

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Soft Rubber / Stuck well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soft Rubber / Fell off

• Hard Rubber / Stuck well

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hard Rubber / Fell off

• Metal / Stuck well

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Metal / Fell off

• Wood / Stuck well

• Wood / Fell off

• Other / Stuck well

• Other / Fell off

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who installed the S3XY Buttons in your vehicle and have had them installed for at least 6 months...

What surface types did you try sticking your S3XY Buttons to? And did the buttons stay stuck to those surfaces, or did they fall off eventually?

Here is the list of surface types I'm including in the poll, along with specific examples of each type of material. (This is based on the interior materials in my 2018 Model 3 -- other vehicles may have some differences.)
  • Plastic: Center console (top or rear), steering column cover, front face of arm rest, front of bottom spoke of steering wheel, etc.
  • Soft rubber: Glovebox, top of dash, door trim, etc.
  • Hard rubber: Back of steering wheel.
  • Metal: Back of center screen.
  • Wood: Dash trim.
  • Other. (Please include a comment indicating what surface you tried.)
You can make multiple selections. "Other" could be leather, glass, ... not sure what else.

Please include any comments that you think would be informative for others deciding where to locate their buttons.

Thanks!

I have two stuck at the end of the center armrest, where my fingers fall (towards front of car). They are virtually invisible and they have stuck perfectly. I have one behind the center screen, near lower left corner, again invisible and has stuck perfectly. My fourth one is at the back of the center console under the vent, between the usb ports, so rear passengers can trigger heated seats. It's not on a perfectly flat surface and yet it has also stuck perfectly. I've gone through a Quebec winter (-20C and lower sometimes).

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311