Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did you Justify 95k car purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't have a car and biked everywhere, even during the "polar vortex." Having a car is still optional - it takes just as long to drive and park as to bike to work.

I wanted to spread the word about Tesla and EV technology. Why not? I'm content and have nothing else to spend money on other than charity.

Up until 2004, I bought only cheap used cars. In 2004 I bought a Prius which lasted me until 2012. At that point, I bought an Audi which I liked driving, but having to fill the dam tank every third day at fifty dollars a pop drove me crazy - after having the thrifty Prius, I couldn't go back to driving a gas guzzler. So I traded the Audi in for a dealer demo Volt. I had been on the waiting list for a Tesla, but decided it was too extravagant. The Volt was functional and uninspiring. After driving it for a few months, I ended up placing another order for a Tesla. I liked what I had read about the company and its founder and wanted to support what they were doing. Also, from a carbon perspective, we need to electrify transportation and Tesla was doing far more to advance that goal than anyone else. Since I've had the car, I no longer understand my hesitation in buying it. It's fun and economical (upfront cost aside) to drive. The Tesla service center has been fantastic - it's easy to get things done. It's nice not having to ever stop and get gas. I can't see ever going back to an ICE.