Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hourly roadster rentals (SF bay area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad yes!...that was the car I test drove and changed my mind in favour of Arctic white...I'd much prefer to have thought it had a good, one owner home as opposed to the possibility of it being abused by hourly rental guys trying to drive the hell out of it...

It's interesting to see how some owners say they won't even let friends drive their Roadsters, while others are fine with letting total strangers have the keys for hours or days (for a price)...

DrTaras, glad their are people like you who are helping others realize how fun an EV can be. No doubt they turn into EVangelists who tell 5 people, who tell 5 people...

It's interesting to see how some owners say they won't even let friends drive their Roadsters, while others are fine with letting total strangers have the keys for hours or days (for a price)...

This probably depends on the experiences they had when they started driving. Mine tended to be unfortunate so not many will get to drive on of my cars.

Almost accurate but thanx for the kudos. I've had, thus far, a total of ONE person pay me to drive my car while I've had, literally hundreds drive my car over the last 3+ years for free. Not a great business model but when you are an EVangelist its the price YOU pay!

I don't think I've hit the level where they have to 10-99 me yet, but hoping to pay for my 'S' with this side gig :tongue:
Update 2 years later ('cause that's the time it took for the IRS to catch up with my CPA):
My CPA placed my meager earnings (very meager) in a 'Misc.' category and the IRS has imposed (minimal) fines and back taxes.
No this is no Wesley Snipes deal but just wanted to put the word out to others that you should be using IRS Schedule E that is explained further with this Turbo Tax link.
Just watching out for my fellow Tesla Brothers and Sisters!