Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hot Wheels Tesla Roadster!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be nice if someone made available a model of this quality:
Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_Essex_front_quarter2.jpg

Lotus Esprit Turbo "Essex" by AUTOart

Well, I guess they're less popular outside the Bay Area. I actually managed to find some:

2781717624_a1386af49b_b.jpg
2781718132_7b0a84d44f_b.jpg

It's not too bad for 89 cents. Looks like they tried to get a few of the interior details, though rather clumsily. Really a shame they didn't try to capture the likeness of the wheels since it's such a distinguishing feature. I suppose, however, that the wheels are one of the few pieces Mattel can share with many other model cars to keep costs down.

Well I'm searching around for an online seller that will ship me a package. Two Ebay sellers have given me a no.

I tried the Mattel site Hot Wheels® Shop.com but so far I don't see the Tesla offered.

I don't know the culture so I'm still digging for offerings, colors, and price.

(What? Leave the house? Then then big oil wins)

When I first went out to Toy-R-Us specifically for the purpose of buying one, I couldn't find any. I asked a clerk about it and found out that I'm an amateur. The pro collectors know when the new shipments come in and they're at the store at just the right time. The guy actually kinda laughed that I was there on a Saturday afternoon, a day late and a dollar short (actually about 5 days late). Also the barcodes are not unique, so there's no way for them to check their computers to see if the particular car you want is in stock.

Last edited:
When I first went out to Toy-R-Us specifically for the purpose of buying one, I couldn't find any. I asked a clerk about it and found out that I'm an amateur. The pro collectors know when the new shipments come in and they're at the store at just the right time. The guy actually kinda laughed that I was there on a Saturday afternoon, a day late and a dollar short (actually about 5 days late). Also the barcodes are not unique, so there's no way for them to check their computers to see if the particular car you want is in stock.

While in Target about three weeks ago, I decided to stop by the toy department to check it out. I rifled through about six rows and ten columns of cars to find one blue roadster hiding in the back. I was quite surprised...and yes I did continue looking after I found the blue one :biggrin: I would love to find a red one.

While in Target about three weeks ago, I decided to stop by the toy department to check it out. I rifled through about six rows and ten columns of cars to find one blue roadster hiding in the back. I was quite surprised...and yes I did continue looking after I found the blue one :biggrin: I would love to find a red one.

The trick is to know that it's #26 of 40 of the "2008 New Models" series. So without rifling, you can just look down along each hook for the big 26 on a yellow-orange tab.

Last edited: