Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong Tesla Model S Charging Standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The IEC Red connectors are 380VAC 3 phase in Hong Kong. There are two sizes that indicate the current capacity, 16A or 32A. If the outside diameter is approximately 7cm, it is 16A, about 8cm is 32A. These correspond to the capacities of the Model S single and dual chargers, 11kW and 22kW.Edit: There is one more, about 9cm diameter would be the 63A version - 42kW.
Great info, thanks! Comparing to the standard 13A plug next to it, I would imagine it could be the 16A/3.I need to sneak over there late at night and suck some juice - as the local shopping mall carpark only has 13A (at 24 HKD/hr!)

Tesla didn't announce these locations but HK members here all knew it days before the announcement. I think they are not very strategically located. Both located in a paid parking (one is a office/retail complex, the other is a newly opened crusie terminal). Both are not on highway or tollroad.

So Hong Kong got two Superchargers on launch. Was this announced in advance, or was it a surprise for you? Are those Superchargers spaced strategically? Are they on highways and/or toll roads, rest areas?

I think the strategy for superchargers is different here. We don't have any long journeys, so putting the superchargers mid-way between population points (at 150mile intervals) makes no sense. Instead, they are being deployed as in-town charging stations - kind of the equivalent of gas/petrol stations - somewhere you would visit once a week to top-up.

Hi, am new here. Ordered my MS in Mar 2013, yet to get my car though was told I could on 12 Aug. Visited the super charge station on last weekend at Kai Tak, seemed all set :)

Attachments

• Tesla Kai Tak Cruise terminal.jpg
    Tesla Kai Tak Cruise terminal.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 361
If anyone has purchased the Tesla HK 10A mobile charger, can you please post a picture here and confirm the price you paid (and any other availability information). Latest information I have is that you _can_ buy it from Tesla HK, but it is not encouraged (or actively discouraged).

If anyone has purchased the Tesla HK 10A mobile charger, can you please post a picture here and confirm the price you paid (and any other availability information). Latest information I have is that you _can_ buy it from Tesla HK, but it is not encouraged (or actively discouraged).

My only option so far is a 13A charger, apart from superchargers or destination charging. I'm going to need one, at least until we get a proper installed (not within my jurisdiction, the classical EV problem)

Dear Mark, I bought the mobile connector (BS1363) from Tesla and can confirm the price is HKD3,700. Not sure if that is the 10A connector you want to know. They will pass that cable to me tomorrow with the car. I will take a photo then. Let me know if there is anything I may do.

Dear Model S enthusiasts: I have a meeting today at the Airport World Trade Center. Since I will be there for a whole day, I would like to feed some juice to the Model S. According to EPD, there are 4 IEC type charging outlets at the car park 4. Would someone give me advise on

1. Does the IEC plug has an EVSE?
  • What is the type of IEC outlets?
I am trying to find out whether I can use the Tesla provided mobile cable to charge the Model S.
Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that I sound like a broken record. According to Goggle's EV charging map, there is/are Tesla 53 Amp HPC at the Marriott Skycity. Has anyone used it? Is it for Roadster or for Model S?

Waidy,

The IEC chargers in car park 4 -should- look like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409530143.043923.jpg

Expect about 26km per hour of charging.

That said, I don't know of anyone who has used them yet, so please let us know your experience.

A little tricky to operate. Seems you have to press-and-hold the buttons on the EVSE to start power.