Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink on MY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never guessed that a $60K car might not include this feature. Since this is no longer on the M3 are we to assume it’s not on the MY either? I would think this would be a selectable option at purchase. I saw something on line about an EVE app. Anyway to use the car’s cellular network to operate a MYQ WiFi garage opener without installing hardware?

• Informative
Reactions: spsheridan
Sorry @jsb15, I'm new to this topic. We purchased an M3 in March 2019 and it supports Homelink. I believe you're saying that later M3 models do not. If so, when did Tesla remove it and did they mention this or silently remove the feature, if you happen to know? Would be a shame if it's not included in MY.

Ah. So Homelink used to be included with all interior options on the M3 but now is only included with the premium interior?

Homelink is not included with any Model 3 now, it is a $300 addon (includes installation)

- Automatic Garage Opener
- Tesla removes Homelink from standard Model 3 features, now a $300 aftermarket product - Electrek

Since this is no longer on the M3 are we to assume it’s not on the MY either?

I would assume it does not come with the Y either

• Informative
Reactions: spsheridan
Just had a chat with Tesla...kinda useless but what the Tesla rep said was they didn't finalize the configurator until 1/30/2020 when the deposit changed to $100. That is when Homelink disappeared. The Tesla rep was "kind enough" to suggest that since I made a $2,500 reservation I was free to cancel. Real nice. So looks like Homelink is an additional $300 cost to Model Y owners even though they showed it was included. Very bait and switch like.

Attachments

• Tesla Model Y order with interior features 191025.pdf
    49.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar and lnsh
Just had a chat with Tesla...kinda useless but what the Tesla rep said was they didn't finalize the configurator until 1/30/2020 when the deposit changed to $100. That is when Homelink disappeared. The Tesla rep was "kind enough" to suggest that since I made a $2,500 reservation I was free to cancel. Real nice. So looks like Homelink is an additional $300 cost to Model Y owners even though they showed it was included. Very bait and switch like.
Yep. I also got little information from my chat, but basically was "cannot comment on technical features of the Model Y."
This is really bad form.

Reactions: ratsbew
For those of you who got an M3 after this feature was deleted, were you able to have it delivered with the feature by having it installed day #1. I'm guessing they are going to be so busy delivering cards those days in March that they are not going to want to bother. I really never would have guessed that a $60K car would not have it included. I have a garage door key fob someplace but I am going to have to get this added unless there is a better more elegant MYQ wifi option. Still can expect power windows included :)?

For those of you who got an M3 after this feature was deleted, were you able to have it delivered with the feature by having it installed day #1. I'm guessing they are going to be so busy delivering cards those days in March that they are not going to want to bother. I really never would have guessed that a $60K car would not have it included. I have a garage door key fob someplace but I am going to have to get this added unless there is a better more elegant MYQ wifi option. Still can expect power windows included :)?
Nope. You have to order the part and schedule service. Can be weeks after purchase.

Another thing that's now unclear: it states the car has a "liftgate." Most had expected the liftgate to be powered like on the MS/X. Unfortunately, it's now at the point that if it doesn't say it explicitly, it's probably not included.

Awaiting our pioneers to relate the facts when they get 'em.

I pushed very hard to have my Homelink installed the day I picked up my (second) Model 3. They won't do it because you may refuse delivery. It took 2 months of me hassling them to have them come in the van and install it. At least the price includes install. For me it's a must have feature. The only issue is that if you have 2 Model 3s and have the auto-open/close feature enabled arriving at the same time can lead to the garage door closing on one or both Teslas! I wound up turning the feature off.

I wasn't about to argue about $300 considering the car was a stealth performance for a crazy low price.

I kinda get why Tesla made this an add-on, but it should be in the configurator so we could have it at delivery. There’s always other options like Chamberlain/ MyQ or other WiFi enabled openers. They can be operated via an app in the car. So far though it’s not really practical since the best of such apps is probably EVE, which charges a subscription (no thanks). And then Chamberlain/ MyQ works with EVE but also charges a subscription to link it to anything other than their own crappy phone app! They charge to link it to EVE, they charge to link it to Google Home or Apple HomeKit or Alexa. WTF? Greedy...

I just tried setting up my garage door opener on my Perf Model Y and it doesn't have the option. Pretty annoyed right now.

Ironic given there are 3 pages in the owners manual on it (saying if equipped). Sounds like it may however start showing up at some point as an included item.

From the owners manual:

Note: Depending on date of manufacture, market region, and options selected at time of purchase, some vehicles are not equipped with a HomeLink Universal Transceiver.

Yeah it was removed from Model 3 as a standard feature and the same on the Y. $300 upgrade (includes installation). Can’t order it yet for the Y. Hopefully they’ll get it online for the Y soon so it can be ordered and installed shortly after we take delivery. Still waiting to confirm our details in our account, so I think there’s a bit of time. But I’m a day-1, first few minutes order for a LR AWD white on white.

did anybody notice whether there are any (old fashion) buttons on the mirror to open the (old fashion) garage door? a search in the manual didn't reveal information other than homelink references

The mirror mounted buttons on older cars that had to be taught the code for a garage door are homelink modules on those cars. Tesla just has a slicker interface for their homelink systems.