Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging problem, out of ideas.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the last couple of months I have had a problem home charging my 2022 model y. No problem charging with a super charger. When I plug into a 220 v 4 prong heavy-duty exterior outlet professionally installed 18 mos ago,it will start charging normally but after about 5 min it stops. I can instantly restart it and repeat this procedure until I reach my charging goal.

I have taken the car with my cables to the Knoxville service center and they could not find any problem. 2 weeks ago I had my electrician replace the outlet with a heavy-duty unit and test all the wiring and circuit breaker. They didn't find any problems. My next step was to order a new charging cable ( I wanted a spare anyway). I plugged it in today, same problem.

At this point I don't want to waste any more money chasing this down. Charlotte and Knoxville are about 2 hours away.

Can anyone suggest any trouble shooters or had any similar problems? I live between Ashville and Hendersonville NC. In Etowah.

What type of receptacle? Are you using the proper adapter from Tesla? How many amps are you charging at? What gauge is the wiring used What is the rating of the circuit breaker? Is it a GFCI breaker? Does the car or UMC give any specific errors? Does it happen if you charge on 120v? Does it happen at other 240v level 2 chargers away from your house?

Do you have any third party apps connected to your Tesla account? Do you (or your partner/spouse) have any scheduled charge or scheduled departure settings active in your apps?