Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me from reading these threads, and cars seem at distant showrooms like Tampa, the one in PA, the Rocklin one where people are seeing a dozen or more cars, they are delivering at least 70-80 a day. This would be from the last 2 invites.

The next few weeks it doesn't seem like there will be that many deliveries, because no invites have been sent out.

It doesn't make much sense to say they stopped invites because of an issue, but people are getting cars in Tampa. Wouldn't they have those same issues?

A billion thumbs-ups on this comment. I think right now that Tesla is doing the usual 'white glove' treatment because all people taking delivery are owners who are therefore used to the 'white glove' thing. In short order, the bar lowers tremendously as non-owners take delivery of their first Tesla. 100% of those non-owners are used to the traditional car dealership approach: gobs of inventory, test drives, negotiating price, the Finance Grind, and so on. All of that disappears in the Tesla purchase/delivery experience. Just leave my key card on the dash, point me to my car, and I'll be on my way. Two minutes, tops. If Tesla could make it an ATM-style transaction where I show up, scan my driver license or some other ID validation, and my key cards fall out the bottom of a Delivery Vending Machine, that'd be ideal. Pick my car up anytime, 24x7. This is how Amazon would handle it, if they made EVs.

Funny you should say, we have something pretty much like that here in Raleigh already: Our snacks come in a variety of drivable flavors.

I don't think we're to that point with Tesla where they are pretty much going to want to turn the car over as quickly as possible and not bother with setting up some kind of weird car vending machine, but yes, I would hope it could be streamlined based on experience level. Of course some people will need significantly more time than others.

The last 2 times I have bought a car from a dealer, from the time I got back from the test drive and made the decision to buy to the time I walked out the door was HOURS. Both times I had significant discounts/deals and was happy with the price quote. I didn't negotiate the trade in value either time. And it still took FOREVER to generate and sign whatever papers were required. I see no reason why that part of the process couldn't be done centrally and over the net in the case of Tesla though.

It's ridiculous to have a "salesperson" sit explaining the exact same thing over and over for hours for each new customer.

I think it is ridiculous for them not to offer to spend an hour explaining how things work after you spend $35k-$167k on Tesla.

IF you prefer the wam,bam, thank you mam then they should also offer an "instant delivery" and get you In'N Out ASAP.

I think it is ridiculous for them not to offer to spend an hour explaining how things work after you spend $35k-$167k on Tesla.

IF you prefer the wam,bam, thank you mam then they should also offer an "instant delivery" and get you In'N Out ASAP.
I can't wait for the time when the car will just show up in your driveway.
I don't need a tutorial (I have YouTube).
I know how to drive a car.

The world is not Colorado with their stupid franchise dealer laws.
I expect however that TX is CO. ;) I'm not sure about details on the similarity but TX has some extensive, comprehensive laws prohibiting manufacturers from operating direct "dealerships".

I'm just looking for maybe 10-15 minutes to go over the car looking for any obvious surface issues so I can save coming back. Whether there's someone standing next to me or not I don't really car (though Tesla probably wants someone there).

Last edited:
I expect however that TX is. ;) I'm not sure abou

There are stupid legislatures outside of Texas.

I know Tesla has wanted a full store/service center in Boulder since Nikola Tesla was a baby but can't.

Tesla would like to open more stores in the Tri-State area plus upstate New York but can't. Ditto New Jersey. Tesla would like to open stores in Connecticut but can't. Ditto New Mexico, Louisiana, Michigan, and Oklahoma.

I don't know if Tesla wants to open in stores in Kansas, Iowa,Alabama,South Carolina,Kentucky or West Virginia but can't.

The world is not Colorado with their stupid franchise dealer laws.

Maybe you could fix this Wikipedia article then because it doesn't list any restrictions;

Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

AFAIK Colorado used to have a one store limit for Tesla but I believe that was years ago. There are now 4-5 stores in Colorado and at least one service/delivery center.

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
Maybe you could fix this Wikipedia article then because it doesn't list any restrictions;

Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

AFAIK Colorado used to have a one store limit for Tesla but I believe that was years ago. There are now 4-5 stores in Colorado and at least one service/delivery center.

Denvergreenagent said:
200 locations... how many actually deliver cars though? Only one of the three here in Colorado does.

Just assigned my VIN this morning. Yea!

VIN# 633X

No word yet on delivery. I am assuming from other VIN numbers reported that the car is already produced and just needs to be delivered. Went with the blue, 19" sport wheels, black interior and enhanced autopilot. All other options were locked in before we configured.

We will soon be a two Tesla household with a Model 3 and 2013 Model S with 65K miles. View attachment 279429
Holy Toledo you stole my car!! Ordered same exact 10 days ago!:)

Some with $35k plus to spend prefer real people to Youtube.

Some don't know how to operate a Tesla.
To me, the real opportunity here for Tesla is to have operating the vehicle be completely intuitive.
Recall that when Apple first launched iPhone, it was absolutely REVOLUTIONARY that it did not come with an instruction manual.
No more 335 page guide in 4pt font from Motorola, as their engineers painstakingly described all billion potential functions of your RAZR.
The aim of Tesla ought to be no need for a manual (other than certain content is required by the regulators), and no need for instructions.
Like a toaster.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I can't wait for the time when the car will just show up in your driveway.
I don't need a tutorial (I have YouTube).
I know how to drive a car.
My CPO Model S was delivered to me, due to my remote location. I had never even sat in one before. I watched the videos and had extensive EV experience, so it was no big deal to drive. But there were a few quirks that have taken me some time to pick up, mostly by reading the TMC forum. It isn't for everyone, but deliveries do happen.

My CPO Model S was delivered to me, due to my remote location. I had never even sat in one before. I watched the videos and had extensive EV experience, so it was no big deal to drive. But there were a few quirks that have taken me some time to pick up, mostly by reading the TMC forum. It isn't for everyone, but deliveries do happen.
I figure I'll have to pick up the car in Denver and drive the ~ 500 miles home. If something better shows up -- great.

Any chance the Aspen store could deliver ? Are they hobbled by Colorado or is it a Tesla decision ?

I figure I'll have to pick up the car in Denver and drive the ~ 500 miles home. If something better shows up -- great.

Any chance the Aspen store could deliver ? Are they hobbled by Colorado or is it a Tesla decision ?
Does Colorado require that a "Participating Dealer" be involved in order to get the state EV rebate? That is the case in New York and could put me in a bind with the closest in-state SC also nearly 500 miles away.

Anyone got a higher photographed VIN then 6423?
From M3OC. Highest Production VIN seen (PICS only... please.... :))

20180131_151705-jpg.5413

newvin.png