Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Build a Crowdfunded Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the sake of the OP I really really hope that this thing is a joke. But if it was, he sure went through a lot of effort for it. If he was serious, the audacity is actually pretty offensive. It would have been better to straight up beg for donations rather than pretend that the donors are actually getting something for their money.

Reactions: CarlitoDoc
Not sure if anything like this has been attempted\done before, but I started a GoFundMe account to "crowd-fund\build" a Tesla Model S. I know it's a crazy idea (and if it's not your cup of tea, no worries), but I thought it would be cool to have a Model S built completely from donations and input from the community. I have a variety of Goals that allow you to pick the color, battery size, and even name it.

I'd appreciate you giving it a look and sharing it (if you want, free country and all assuming your from the US). If no one steps up for the big goals, I'll actually come back to the forum and create a survey for color, battery size, options, etc.

gofund.me/29frndm4

Thanks!

Hey, yeah, wow ... guess that would be cool.

Might also be cool to have you buy me the Diamond DA40 aircraft that I've long wanted. Over $200K, though, so it would be really nice to have other people pay for it. Care to step up for this big goal?

Reactions: Zybd1201
Looking good so far...

donate.PNG

I have to be honest, this kind of makes me a bit sick to my stomach. I am not sure why, but it literally makes me feel ill.

It kind of gets me there too. On the one hand I can sort of appreciate the honesty, it beats a con-person promising things they can't possibly deliver, but it's also pretty brazen too. It's like standing at a freeway exit with a cardboard sign saying "Need Tesla. Please Give"

Seeing there is more than one, I think my faith in humanity dropped another notch. Though at least kman contributes something to the Tesla community. I have learned a fair bit from his videos, though I would think something like Patreon would by more appropriate for his sort of thing, though I think his videos get enough hits on YouTube he makes money from YouTube from them.

Which one and how much? I'm not very good with currency conversion so if I send you a blank cheque I trust you to put the correct price on it.

Obviously does not include my $25K. My internet connection is slower than I thought! I'm having second thoughts though: someone is offering a bridge and I already have a MS...But I hate to get into a bidding war with the Brit's over the bridge.

Not sure if anything like this has been attempted\done before, but I started a GoFundMe account to "crowd-fund\build" a Tesla Model S. I know it's a crazy idea (and if it's not your cup of tea, no worries), but I thought it would be cool to have a Model S built completely from donations and input from the community. I have a variety of Goals that allow you to pick the color, battery size, and even name it.

I'd appreciate you giving it a look and sharing it (if you want, free country and all assuming your from the US). If no one steps up for the big goals, I'll actually come back to the forum and create a survey for color, battery size, options, etc.

gofund.me/29frndm4

Thanks!

Yeah... :) I give you credit for having some cajones and a sense of humour. Alas, I think you're going to have to do it the old fashioned way - like the rest of us had to. :) Personally, if you're going to do this, you might as well go whole hog and ask for a fully loaded P90DL.