Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Get A Supercharger in Binghamton, NY – Minimal Action Requested

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I think Love's Travel Stop might be a good candidate. Great location, and tons of space/power.

Based on the post from MaturinNYC almost two months ago, and then the confirmation brooklynrab just received, it sounds like the location has already been selected.

I just heard from a member of the SC team that they've selected a site near the I-81 & I-88 interchange in Binghamton and are in the final design stage, and hope to "open the site within the next few months". Maybe this is The Spot, or perhaps closer to SUNY Broome, but either way it'll be great when it's open!

Guys, I just got this email from Tesla this morning!!!
"We are excited to share that we have chosen a location in Binghamton and we are approaching the construction phase of our deployment process. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can."
I can rest now -- they appear committed to Binghamton.
Let the games begin as to guessing which location they have chosen....

If the site is indeed near the I-81/I-88 interchange, there would be two possible areas on Front Street: near SUNY Broome in the Town of Dickinson or in Hinman's Corners in the Town of Chenango. I noticed there is a Moe's Southwest Grill - I believe they have hosted superchargers before. I searched the town board minutes for Dickinson and Chenango with no luck.

If the site is indeed near the I-81/I-88 interchange, there would be two possible areas on Front Street: near SUNY Broome in the Town of Dickinson or in Hinman's Corners in the Town of Chenango. I noticed there is a Moe's Southwest Grill - I believe they have hosted superchargers before. I searched the town board minutes for Dickinson and Chenango with no luck.

I'm still hoping for "The Spot", which is also near the I-81/I-88 interchange.

Hi all - sorry for the silence, it's been a busy fall. I heard back from the Tesla rep on September 9th that "Hi Gordon, Yes, we have continued to make progress in Binghamton and are close to entering construction on our site there. Construction and energization usually takes between 4-6 weeks, so we are getting close now! Thanks for your continued support!"

I just drove by the area yesterday and still no obvious signs. My best guess is that it's actually in the SUNY Broome lot (plenty of space there), or it could be in the same parking area as a Cracker Barrel restaurant (which, as of a few months ago, had advertised that area as 'Available for Kiosks'). But it could be The Spot, or there are several other shopping strip malls on Front Street.

I was going to give them to the end of September to ping him again and ask for a better definition of "soon"!

Hi all - sorry for the silence, it's been a busy fall. I heard back from the Tesla rep on September 9th that "Hi Gordon, Yes, we have continued to make progress in Binghamton and are close to entering construction on our site there. Construction and energization usually takes between 4-6 weeks, so we are getting close now! Thanks for your continued support!"

I just drove by the area yesterday and still no obvious signs. My best guess is that it's actually in the SUNY Broome lot (plenty of space there), or it could be in the same parking area as a Cracker Barrel restaurant (which, as of a few months ago, had advertised that area as 'Available for Kiosks'). But it could be The Spot, or there are several other shopping strip malls on Front Street.

I was going to give them to the end of September to ping him again and ask for a better definition of "soon"!

Remeber, "soon" has its own meaning in Elon-speak!
I'm just hoping they break ground by end of October. Just went up to Syracuse for Parent's weekend, didnt have time to go through Albany, so took my wife's Volvo.

Remeber, "soon" has its own meaning in Elon-speak!
I'm just hoping they break ground by end of October. Just went up to Syracuse for Parent's weekend, didnt have time to go through Albany, so took my wife's Volvo.

We gotta meet brother - my daughter's a sophomore at S.U., and i live in Rockland County, so we're probably passing each other on the highway, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all - i just got this reply:

"We are getting much closer now; only awaiting one additional permit and hope to start construction late next week. Keep your eyes peeled and you’ll see some movement soon enough! We are 100% committed to our site and are pushing forward as quick as possible."

So if they really do break ground on ~10/8, we could be supercharging in Binghamton by 2nd week in November! Fingers are crossed...

Could we get the name of this thread changed to Supercharger Binghamton, NY ?

I'd prefer we leave this thread as is, and start one with that name when we have information on where it is. In fact I'll start that thread, with a brief summary of this one a little later today, when I'm at a computer instead of posting from my phone.

Edit: I did start the thread--

Binghamton, NY Supercharger

I'll also be adding a lot of information to the first post in that thread later.

Last edited:
I did a check of city council / planning commission minutes for Binghamton, Town of Chenango, and Town of Dickinson with no luck (though in alot of cases superchargers never show up in those sources). I didn't see any way to access building permits online. If anyone local can cruise Front Street in a week or two that might be a good way to find them.

THE SPOT is it! Drove by on Sunday and here's some pics - i haven't had this confirmed yet from my contact at Tesla, but here's some pics of the work being done in the The Spot's parking lot - looks like an 8-space dig. Assuming 4-6 weeks until powerup, we can all look forward to refilling in the strategically-critical Binghamton NY area around Thanksgiving!

IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

THE SPOT is it! Drove by on Sunday and here's some pics - i haven't had this confirmed yet from my contact at Tesla, but here's some pics of the work being done in the The Spot's parking lot - looks like an 8-space dig. Assuming 4-6 weeks until powerup, we can all look forward to refilling in the strategically-critical Binghamton NY area around Thanksgiving!

Yes, jrreno went by "The Spot" last week and took some pictures, so I updated the following thread, including the first post, with the news:

Binghamton, NY Supercharger

It would be great if you'd add your pictures to that thread as well.

Thanks!