Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heating our driveways

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of a product, like some kind of mat, that you plug in, lay on your driveway and heat snow and ice away?

I am very familiar with hydronic and electrical heat systems that go down before concrete / asphalt is poured; I need a solution that can lay on top of my driveway.

Being in a condo, well, you get it. Can't mess with driveway. Only thing I can think of is to hang infra red bulbs off my deck which happens to extend a few feet over the drive and see if their energy reaches.

I've got a 240V/30A (for motor) diesel-powered (for steam) pressure washer that will do the trick licketysplit....and cost less than $4,000...... Am sure your condo would love to have that around. And think of all the money you could save from car washes!

Powerblanket.com If the guys installing the Superchargers in Minnesota (& Wisconsin & Illinois) don't have some on the job site, they should! The ones I use at work are 3.5X9 ft. They have a lot of sizes. The really big ones will get unwieldy for home use though. Some you can chain like Christmas lights, mine are 900Watts each and don't chain. Don't drive on them, they are (maybe too) $$pricey$$.