Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat pump issue after windshield replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone this is my first post here so please tell me if this is in the wrong location.

I recently had my windshield replaced by Safelite in Northern California and have noticed a strange issue with my heat pump. The heater does not seem to turn on/produce heat until I turn the climate up to HI. Everything before HI seems to be just outside air. Has anyone seen this before or is there any chance that the techs may have messed something up during my windshield replacement?

Thanks for any help!

I saw something about it mentioned in this thread, but with no explanation why. Maybe you can ask this poster if they have more details on their claim.

Hey everyone this is my first post here so please tell me if this is in the wrong location.

I recently had my windshield replaced by Safelite in Northern California and have noticed a strange issue with my heat pump. The heater does not seem to turn on/produce heat until I turn the climate up to HI. Everything before HI seems to be just outside air. Has anyone seen this before or is there any chance that the techs may have messed something up during my windshield replacement?

Thanks for any help!
Michael, after windshield replacement in Tesla vehicles, Tesla needs to push to a software update in order to the HVAC to work as expected again. You may ask Tesla through the app.
Have a good night.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6
You may be able to reinstall your software through the ‘secret’ service menu. If a new temp/humidity sensor was used then it needs to ‘pair’ with your vehicle by reinstalling the software.

If this is what is happening, then Safelite can also help.