Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight Glow After Car is Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing what I am. I searched but didn't find anything.

As I come home from work, I park my car in the garage. The car only has 700 miles on it but it was a showroom vehicle. I've noticed over the past few days, a slight glow remains on the left front headlight. A day or so ago, the glow turned off after a few hours so I assumed it was just a delay of some sort. Today, it remained on for over 9 hours. The car had a headlight replaced before I took delivery since apparently the lights were always on and it left a yellow tint. Then, I had to take it back to the service center a few weeks after delivery to get the lights balanced since they were off. I'm going to call the service center today, but was wondering if this is normal and could this be a cause of battery drain? The attached picture is meant to be dark so you can see the outline of the glow.

Thanks.

Attachments

• headlight glow.png
    headlight glow.png
    387.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Interesting others are seeing it too. Thankfully, I'm not going crazy. Wonder if it was part of some update. I scheduled an appointment - soonest was the first week in Jan due to end of year, quarter, deliveries etc. I did ask about the battery drain and the adviser said it would be minimal. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Think this is a well known problem with all LED lights. They use such little power that a tiny stray current will cause visible light emission. Better circuit design can eliminate it.

Good demonstrations here: