Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received your parcel shelf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received mine a week or so ago. I let it vent in my basement before putting it in my car. :frown: The odor was super strong. Here are some pics of the packaging and what it looks like:
IMG_20130418_083342.jpg
IMG_20130418_083326.jpg
IMG_20130418_083242.jpg
IMG_20130418_083149.jpg

Hey parcelshelfy people! Am I imagining things, or did someone somewhere claim that this shelf eliminates buffeting / turbulence / whatever-you-call-it when driving with the pano-roof open?
If so I might consider getting this smellshelf.

Despite the warning label and the older versions I had seen, the parcel shelf I received doesn't contain any magnets (or magnetic metal to adhere to magnets if they're in the parcel shelf rails). As a result, the rear part after the hinge flops around as I drive over bumps. I'm tall and can see it move around in the rear view mirror. Very distracting and annoying. I'm going to return mine.
Received my parcel shelf today, and while it also had the warning document, maybe it is just referring to the magnets in the shelf track near the hatch, as there isn't a single bit of magnetic material on the shelf itself that lines up with the track!

Using some small rare-earth magnets to test, the last 3 or 4 inches of the track are hiding a reasonably strong magnet, but without some corresponding metal or magnet in the shelf, the is nothing to keep the light shelf from just flopping around. :(