Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you been able to get through on Tesla chat or phone support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-1_10-53-10.png
    upload_2019-8-1_10-53-10.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 75
here is what I get
Let us connect
Use the form below to tell us more, and our Customer Support team will help you find your answers.

Regarding
Describe your question
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Our agents are only available between 4:00 AM and 8:30 PM PST, Monday through Friday

it only has the email send button

I tried playing with other options......finally got a chat button, but they are all greyed out....tried every option,,,,,,some have it greyed out and others dont have it...I am going crazy.....cant find a phone number to call either just the one that keeps me in a virtual loop back to the website

I've made a thread as well: No more tesla chat?

I have tried everything to get chat and I am unable to see a chat button. I also know the pain of needing to get into contact with someone after service or during service and being directed to "make an appointment through the app" is total garbage.

If Tesla is indeed burying this chat option, I see this as trying to actively dissuade owners from documenting issues they have and placing the burden on service centers. Chat and phone employees are probably shifted to sales. Garbage customer support.

I've been emailing with images for my own documentation. Out of about 15 emails, I got a response to one with a generic sorry message.

I live in Irvine so I am going to go over to the Costa Mesa service center and have a chat with them and not leave until I have a number to talk to a “live” person or chat that works.......they will not like me because I tend to talk firm and louder than the average person.....I realize you get more help with honey than with vinegar, but this is not the way to do business.....it seems they are only interested in delivering cars and after that, your are own your own

I live in Irvine so I am going to go over to the Costa Mesa service center and have a chat with them and not leave until I have a number to talk to a “live” person or chat that works.......they will not like me because I tend to talk firm and louder than the average person.....I realize you get more help with honey than with vinegar, but this is not the way to do business.....it seems they are only interested in delivering cars and after that, your are own your own

Hopefully, you get one that will stay employed longer than a few weeks... This is by far the worst company I have had to deal with and it's exponentially worse because a car is the first or second largest purchase most people make.

agreed.....have had Lexus’ for last 25 years.......they are the best at customer service.......I could have bought another GS for less than I paid for the Model 3....very disappointed....have a schedule home service today for a left hand steering wheel button replaced...no call or email to say if they are on the way and it is 10:10 now.......we'll see

I'm in the chat line now. JavaScript console shows 3 in the queue, and I've been on for 10 minutes so far. So the feature is there, but it doesn't show until you select a "Regarding" option from the drop down menu AND but in some text in the "Inquiries" text field. Then it'll show up as a button at the bottom along with a "Email Us" button. Wish me luck.

I’ve done a chat in the past with them. They only have so many employees manning the chats and each one I think are handling a number of calls at one time. The chat button will not be visible if they are maxed out on calls at that point in time. But chat will free up at some point.

More recently in the past week or so I communicated with them over an account issue I had. Sent in the info using their online form and they emailed me back in a couple of days (my person was able to effect the change in my account BTW the next day and emailed me to let me know it had been done), but I’m already an owner and my account screen may be different.

If you have a local store nearby, they might be able to help update your email address for you. Not sure how much access they have but hopefully could get you in contact with the right department. Have your reservation number handy and what your new address is and what the old email address was. Also make sure your phone number is correct as they will email you prior to delivery when they need documents or info from you and will call you by phone to schedule delivery. You’ll want to answer that call. I bought my car last year and don’t remember what options we had for setting communication on our order.

....If Tesla is indeed burying this chat option, I see this as trying to actively dissuade owners from documenting issues they have and placing the burden on service centers. Chat and phone employees are probably shifted to sales. Garbage customer support.....

I know conspiracy theories are making their rounds in this day and age but the chat button and availability is most likely due to the large number of new and current car owners requesting assistance of some kind and overwhelming the current staff. Lots of people with account questions, people asking for help transferring their car to another person, questions on Sentry, etc. They have sold a lot of cars.