Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has everyone received the lastest software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S90D was delivered today with an update queued. I took her home, connected to wifi, setup homelink etc. then said "install now". 30 minutes or so later I have 2.50.178. I have AP2 and FSD. This adds the supercharger amenities display and the 6 band audio EQ (I have premium audio).

No AP features yet, not even TACC.

Love my new S tho!!!! Waiting (not patiently) for AP2 features!

Picked up the car new two days ago and took it to the service center yesterday (23 December) to have snow tires installed. While there they updated the firmware to 2.50.178.

In addition to what the release notes show it appears the "Auto" option for the headlights has returned. But the button for the daytime running lights is still gone.

Anyone else seeing anything new not listed in the release notes for 2.50.178?

Oh, and the Mars Easter Egg is there. :)

I noticed on other small change that came when I updated to 2.50.178. Now that the "Auto" option for the headlights is back the door lock button in the upper left corner of the touch screen is back.

I like that particular feature as it makes it much quicker and easier to lock the doors after getting in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: GeekfromFRL
I took delivery of my Model S this week and I'm on 2.44.96.. is it normal to be that for behind without receiving an update?

Welcome to the Teslaverse where there seems to be no pattern to who gets updated with what when. :)

There appears to be no way of "forcing" an update at home. It is possible to get updates from a service center but that's only *supposed* to happen when the car is in for some other reason.

The car I picked up new earlier this week was 4 releases behind the current version (it updated on wifi last night).

BTW, I just checked the list of releases at Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App and I don't see 2.44.96 listed. Are you sure that's the version in your car?

Santa thank you! Will check version soon!

Attachments

• IMG_3962.PNG
    IMG_3962.PNG
    130.5 KB · Views: 87