Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone integrated Leviton Load Center + Tesla gateway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Leviton Load center service panels in my house with the LHWHEM (2nd generation) hub and it supports circuit load shedding when the hub is told that the panel is running on backup power. The Leviton hub has a loop wire that is designed to be connected to a dry contact on an automatic transfer switch in order to know the panel power source (grid or backup).

Does the Tesla gateway allow for such connectivity and functionality - does anyone know by chance? I see mention of a Neurio meter being supported, but the LWHEM hub in-panel would effectively duplicate the functionality the Neurio looks to provide.

Thank you for any insight here!

connector for the relay in top right corner of gateway.

From Gateway manual:

Load Shedding
Overview
The Backup Gateway allows for load shedding, meaning a low voltage control circuit can be wired to control a specific load. For instance, an air conditioning load controlled by a thermostat can be wired to the low voltage control circuit in the Backup Gateway so that the load can be shed when Powerwall is off-grid.
When commissioned for load shedding and the Powerwall system is on-grid, the low voltage control circuit is closed and the load is powered. When commissioned for load shedding and the system is operating off-grid, the low voltage control circuit is open and the load is OFF.

NOTE: To activate this feature in the Commissioning Wizard, check the Open Relay when Off-Grid box under "Gateway Low Voltage Relay" on the Installation page. This feature can be activated in firmware version 1.47 or later.

connector for the relay in top right corner of gateway.

From Gateway manual:

Load Shedding
Overview
The Backup Gateway allows for load shedding, meaning a low voltage control circuit can be wired to control a specific load. For instance, an air conditioning load controlled by a thermostat can be wired to the low voltage control circuit in the Backup Gateway so that the load can be shed when Powerwall is off-grid.
When commissioned for load shedding and the Powerwall system is on-grid, the low voltage control circuit is closed and the load is powered. When commissioned for load shedding and the system is operating off-grid, the low voltage control circuit is open and the load is OFF.

NOTE: To activate this feature in the Commissioning Wizard, check the Open Relay when Off-Grid box under "Gateway Low Voltage Relay" on the Installation page. This feature can be activated in firmware version 1.47 or later.
@Will792 - thank you. I'll download the gateway manual and dig into this further.

It looks like I'll be able to accomplish my goals since the gateway would tell the LHWHEM (via the low voltage control circuit loop) when load shedding should be activated and then the LHWHEM handles turning down the circuit(s) in question via its own capabilities since it's talking directly to the Leviton circuit breakers.

I'll gladly follow up on this as I get further into it and report my success (or lack thereof).

Reactions: Will792