Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch Roadster HPC 70amp - re-installed after removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I intend to drive from SF area (Burlingame) to LA later this week and need to find a 70A charge location somewhere around that location, unless driving along the coast is the only/better way to go. Anyone with suggested routes/chargers along the way from SF to LA would be greatly appreciated.

I consider 101 to be the better choice. There are multiple 70A charging spots, whereas on 5 it is a long stretch from Harris Ranch to the next charging opportunity. Actually, I don't remember where the next stop is. I recall that Earl Cox and Jack Bowers have done it, but only by very careful energy management and by arriving "on fumes".

On 101, there are the RaboBanks at Salinas, Atascadero (though often occupied), Santa Maria and Gilroy, plus the always-reliable 70A charger at Dr. Lloyd Marcum's office in San Luis Obispo. Plus there are several Model S destination chargers, if you have Henry's adapter, although only a subset are 70A.

Not to mention, much of 101 traverses a more attractive landscape than 5.

Passed by Harris Ranch on today's trip and stopped off for the Quick Service BBQ to go and thought of this thread and wanted to provide photographic update...

IMG_2089.JPG by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

It was empty...

IMG_2088.JPG by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

Perhaps one of these days I will convince the better half to one of these roadtrips in her Roadster instead of the S... then again, that heat today was pretty hot, so there's that, air conditioning, and the cows just North to consider.