Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which mono block forged wheel size, color and style would you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the 245/45/18 as its only 26.7" so very close to stock size but with just a little more width, I ran this size from a stock 235/45/18 on another car and it did make a big difference in handling while not really affecting range much
I'm hesitating between the PS4S 245/45 R18 and the 245/40 R18. Same tread width but the 45 is bit closer to stock diameter, thing is its 2 pounds heavier and while I like meaty tires, 45 is a lot of sidewall. Any other reason to pick one over the other? Also if anyone wants some stock 20 performance wheels/tires let me know;).

I'm hesitating between the PS4S 245/45 R18 and the 245/40 R18. Same tread width but the 45 is bit closer to stock diameter, thing is its 2 pounds heavier and while I like meaty tires, 45 is a lot of sidewall. Any other reason to pick one over the other? Also if anyone wants some stock 20 performance wheels/tires let me know;).

Stock tire is mxm4 235/45/18 xl at 26.3" diameter and 790 rpm, max load is 1,653 lbs. with a 25.22 lb. weight

ps4s sizes
245/40/18 is much smaller in diameter at 25.7" and 809 rpm, max load is 1,609 lbs. with a 23.59 lb. weight

245/45/18 is larger in diameter at 26.7" and 780 rpm, max load is 1,764 lbs. with a 26.3 lb. weight

Larger tire will handle better, has more load carrying capacity which also = better handling, I do not think the lower weight of the smaller tire will be as much of a benefit with acceleration/deceleration as the larger would be for its better handling, depends on your priorities though?

Reactions: Blu Angel
Currently I have Aero 18's, so I'm interested in 18x8.5. Is there any advantage going to 19x8.5 other than looks? What's the max tire width Discount tire would install on 18x8.5?

Thanks in Advance guys
The only advantage to 19 is the looks. 18 on the other hand will be a tad lighter and have much better ride quality. Also with 18 your rim is more protected and the tire itself is less likely to get damaged/go flat from potholes. Finally the tires on 18 are usually considerably cheaper (for the exact same tire model).

• Disagree
Reactions: untilcomplete
The only advantage to 19 is the looks.
And the ability to install MPP big brake kit. And better handling due to less tire flex.
18 on the other hand will be a tad lighter
Not if you buy fully forged wheels like Titan 7, Vertini VS series, or Signature. Forged 19s will weight slightly less than the stock 18s.
and have much better ride quality.
Depends how you define ride quality. If your looking for performance, then the quality of the forged 19s will handle better, thus better ride quality. If you are looking strictly for soft comfort than yes the 18s are better.

Reactions: untilcomplete
@ppower I wasn't able to get a response from Titan yet...did you have any luck?

I've been holding out on paying my balance on the +35 ET in hopes of the +25s, but it looks like I may just have to settle for a little less concavity...

I can't get them to respond. I am reluctantly thinking there is nothing that will get them to offer something more aggressive. Maybe they won't consider anything until all of these ordered are fully paid for and gone. If they offered something more desirable, they'd be left with those wheels. Maybe trying for this is a fool's errand. It's not like I'm owed anything, but I'm kinda bummed to not get any response. Since I was putting example fitment photos earlier, I might as well share mine. A P with 8x5" +20/15 when accounting for the spacers. Can't wait to see some Titan 7's especially in bronze on some cars.
DSC04931.jpg

Reactions: SD_Engnr
While SD_Engr is totally right (phone call is best) I did get an e-mail response from Mike. It reads:

"we will not be offering new sizing for now, we might do another round of group buy for existing sizes once we have fulfilled all existing orders. If there are enough interest for new offset we might consider. Overall it will be at least 4-5 months until we see more wheels arrive".

So not gonna happen. It's understandable from their position and you're right @ppower they probably don't want to be stuck with surplus stock (I doubt they'd have ANY trouble moving a few surplus orders, but what do I know). Anyway I paid my balance and will post some pics once installed.

If they end up offering +25 down the road I might just sell these and buy another set!

Reactions: ppower
While SD_Engr is totally right (phone call is best) I did get an e-mail response from Mike. It reads:

"we will not be offering new sizing for now, we might do another round of group buy for existing sizes once we have fulfilled all existing orders. If there are enough interest for new offset we might consider. Overall it will be at least 4-5 months until we see more wheels arrive".

So not gonna happen. It's understandable from their position and you're right @ppower they probably don't want to be stuck with surplus stock (I doubt they'd have ANY trouble moving a few surplus orders, but what do I know). Anyway I paid my balance and will post some pics once installed.

If they end up offering +25 down the road I might just sell these and buy another set!

That's too bad. They're missing out on a bigger market. Heck, charge a little more than the $2450 for custom sized small batch orders.

Reactions: R1Fast