Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Greyed out chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They could be new but not yet in operation? Check the PlugShare App. If you see a wrench symbol they are awaiting final approval or inspection?
Hi there. Thanks for the answer but I don’t think that’s the case. It’s is showing some red ones very local to me but it’s like my car doesn’t know how much charge I have in it. It’s ever since an update this week. After the update I had a message on my app saying that my car was low on charger but there was over 200 miles in it. Very confusing. Anyone having this issue? I have done a reset but no joy. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi there. Thanks for the answer but I don’t think that’s the case. It’s is showing some red ones very local to me but it’s like my car doesn’t know how much charge I have in it. It’s ever since an update this week. After the update I had a message on my app saying that my car was low on charger but there was over 200 miles in it. Very confusing. Anyone having this issue? I have done a reset but no joy. Thanks
Reboot your car. Push and Hold both the left and right scroll buttons until the screen goes dark. Takes a few minutes to restore.
If that fails, open a service request from the Tesla app on your phone. Once you do that call Tesla and ask if they can remote into your vehicle. Here in the US the number is 877-798-3752.

Upvote 0
Reboot your car. Push and Hold both the left and right scroll buttons until the screen goes dark. Takes a few minutes to restore.
If that fails, open a service request from the Tesla app on your phone. Once you do that call Tesla and ask if they can remote into your vehicle. Here in the US the number is 877-798-3752.
Hi there. I have rebooted the car and that didn’t work. I am on the uk. I will try the app. Thanks

Upvote 0
I have seen that twice. When I removed all destinations in navigation and pushed the right steering wheel button to give the voice command 'show superchargers', they re-appeared no longer grey. For some odd reason, once it had selected the superchargers for my destination, it was greying out the others. So removing the destination and re-displaying the superchargers was the solution.

I also did a two button steering wheel reboot one of the times and that fixed it.

Upvote 0
On a recent trip, I saw one place with gray supercharger icon.
I also got an alert telling me to plan to go to a different supercharger.

It is my belief that the gray icon was telling me that all the chargers were in use.

Once I finished at my rerouted supercharger, the gray icon turned into a normal red icon
at the supercharger I originally picked with a number in it.

Upvote 0