Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GREEN EZ Pass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I can confirm you can get the NJ Green pass regardless of the state you live in. Per NJ EZPass website: "Discounts are offered to customers of the NJ E-ZPass Program, regardless of their state of residency"

http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/toll-rates.html#calc

Not sure about the Port Authority one, but I would assume the same.

so i sent in my NJ Ezpass App about 2 weeks ago and just received a WHITE tag wtf...... I specifically asked in my app for a Green Pass i havent called them yet,but the other odd thing is that when i login to my acct online for NJ Ezpass Tesla doesnt even come up on the vehicle list.....@yobigd20 is your NJ EZpass actually GREEN?

so i sent in my NJ Ezpass App about 2 weeks ago and just received a WHITE tag wtf...... I specifically asked in my app for a Green Pass i havent called them yet,but the other odd thing is that when i login to my acct online for NJ Ezpass Tesla doesnt even come up on the vehicle list.....@yobigd20 is your NJ EZpass actually GREEN?

Yes the NJ one is physically green. So is the port authority one too. They messed up. No surprise there. They first tried to tell me my car wasn't electric because it wasn't on their electric car list. They are idiots.

Smh....I have the port authority one as well which is green...when I initially requested for the NY thruway one....@yobigd20 are you getting charged the $1 maintenance fee per month on the port auth NY pass? Also does ur online nj ezpass acct show the make as Tesla ? Or unknown? Guess I need to call them tomorrow

Smh....I have the port authority one as well which is green...when I initially requested for the NY thruway one....@yobigd20 are you getting charged the $1 maintenance fee per month on the port auth NY pass? Also does ur online nj ezpass acct show the make as Tesla ? Or unknown? Guess I need to call them tomorrow

yes, both the NJ and NY charge $1 service fee per month. you can see the vehicle and the plans on my accounts below.

NJ vehicle list:

NJacct.png

NJ plans:
NJplan.png

NY vehicle list:
NYacct.png

NY plans:
NYplan.png

I have one in NJ and just applied for one for the PANYNJ crossings, eg. the GWB. As I understand it, the PAGREEN account lowers the off-peak GWB toll to $5.50, more than 10% off.
The customer service agent told me the process takes 5-10 business days after faxing the registration to them. my advice: the squeeky wheel gets the grease. call them again.

I have one in NJ and just applied for one for the PANYNJ crossings, eg. the GWB. As I understand it, the PAGREEN account lowers the off-peak GWB toll to $5.50, more than 10% off.
The customer service agent told me the process takes 5-10 business days after faxing the registration to them. my advice: the squeeky wheel gets the grease. call them again.

You actually want the NY Thruway pass since you won't get charged the $1 service fee...but looks like that is impossible to get. The NY thruway pass van have both plans applied and will work the same. I clearly stated on my application and cover page that I wanted the NY thruway pass but they sent me the port auth one. Not sure if I want to risk closing this account and trying to reapply for the NY thruway one....smh

You actually want the NY Thruway pass since you won't get charged the $1 service fee...but looks like that is impossible to get. The NY thruway pass van have both plans applied and will work the same. I clearly stated on my application and cover page that I wanted the NY thruway pass but they sent me the port auth one. Not sure if I want to risk closing this account and trying to reapply for the NY thruway one....smh

no you don't want to do this. the PAGREEN plan is only for the PORT AUTHORITY pass. you can't apply the PAGREEN to the NY Thruway pass. The NY Thruway Green plan will only get you 10% off for THRUWAY tolls. This doesn't include GWB. For the GWB, mrgoldin wants to get the PANYNJ pass with the PAGREEN plan so he can get the $5.50 GWB toll.

no you don't want to do this. the PAGREEN plan is only for the PORT AUTHORITY pass. you can't apply the PAGREEN to the NY Thruway pass. The NY Thruway Green plan will only get you 10% off for THRUWAY tolls. This doesn't include GWB. For the GWB, mrgoldin wants to get the PANYNJ pass with the PAGREEN plan so he can get the $5.50 GWB toll.

I confirmed with NY thruway ezpass that you are able to apply the PAGREEN Plan on the thruway ezpass. This has been discussed over at other forums like Prius chat. I've confirmed several times withe ezpass that this can be done and they advised me to apply for the thruway ezpass and they can add the PAGREEN and the NYGREEN plan on either Port Auth or NY thruway green pass....only diff is that the port auth green pass you get charged $1 service fee

got my nj green pass last week...now i just have to cancel my green port authority one and get a NYS thruway one....yes, i am trying to save my damn dollar each month. if anyone has any ques regarding obtaining a GREEN Pass etc...i am like an expert now lol.....let me know

I took delivery of my Model S 60 in late December. I have the technology package. I was told by a tech at the delivery facility that with the latest tech package there is no place to put an EZ-Pass transponder on the windshield because of the new style of coating. When I got my license plates I called NY EZ-Pass (I am a NJ resident but have the NY EZ-Pass) to get an external transponder. When I asked about the Green Plan for hybrids and electrics I was told it was not available with an external tag.
Anyone been able to get the Green Plan with an external tag?

I took delivery of my Model S 60 in late December. I have the technology package. I was told by a tech at the delivery facility that with the latest tech package there is no place to put an EZ-Pass transponder on the windshield because of the new style of coating. When I got my license plates I called NY EZ-Pass (I am a NJ resident but have the NY EZ-Pass) to get an external transponder. When I asked about the Green Plan for hybrids and electrics I was told it was not available with an external tag.
Anyone been able to get the Green Plan with an external tag?

I dont believe they offer it.