Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great delivery in N. Virginia.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR AWD/MSM/Induction/White/Tow

The car was in great condition as far as the common issues are concerned. Even panel gaps. Tail lights, headlights, hood, and charge port all look great. Rear hatch uppers are even on both sides. No paint chips. 5 miles on the odo. No large gaps anywhere.

Findings:
Rear right seat uneven
Adhesive residue on wheelwell trim
Right rear door outside window trim not centered front to back. Was pushed forward almost touching trim on front door.
Stains: driver sun visor, driver B pillar, driver C pillar.
Carpet adhesive on front passenger seat riser below seat controls
Puncture in white ultra leather on rear-side of front passenger headrest.
Scuff on rear of driver headrest.
Small “dent” in passenger rear quarter panel above wheel. Small paint wrinkle in same quarter panel near bumper.

I say “dent” because it’s only visible from a specific angle with the right light. Can’t feel it. But there’s definitely what looks like a mini indentation.
Tesla employee was able to reduce the stains quite a bit. They’re still visible but you have to look closely.
When I got home I noticed that the trim at the top of the rear hatch, on the inside where the 3rd brake light is, is bulging out on one side.

It drives really well. But I do hear a clack sound coming from the rear drivetrain when pulling away from a stop or when accelerating after regen braking. Only hear it at low speed. It’s almost like an actuator sound or something. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Bottom line, we’re very happy with the car. The condition, while not perfect, is better than a lot I’ve seen on here. I have faith that the issues found will be resolved.

There was a white MY being delivered next to us. The bottom of the front passenger was farther in (in towards the center of the vehicle) than the rear door. There was about a 3/4 inch gap where the doors met due to the front being so far in. This wasn’t a regular panel gap. More like a depth gap. They looked devastated. I felt bad for them.

pics to come

visor.jpg
fender.jpg
pass headrest.jpg
left upper hatch.jpg
right upper hatch.jpg
wheelwell trim.jpg
50C56314-437F-4D47-9EFC-1FA41C8E659E.jpeg
94F5C35B-6D84-4653-BCED-C2127621377B.jpeg
16612352-5359-4A64-8DD2-69DBC447305E.jpeg
63FE1B93-AAF7-4B34-9886-5B43C59296BA.jpeg
View attachment 569318 View attachment 569319 View attachment 569320 View attachment 569321 View attachment 569323 View attachment 569324

Last edited:
Reactions: Biturbowned
Looks superb and congrats! What time did you take delivery? I was there yesterday around 3 and may have seen this, def should have ordered with the induction wheels it looks soo good.

I echo your sentiment, overall my white/white was in great shape. A few slight panel issues and misalignments of trim, but honestly I’m not going to lose sleep over it but will be interested to see how the quality of the fixes go.

We took delivery today at 1pm. There was a full row of MY deliveries happening on the side of the building while we were there. Tesla staff at Tyco was very understanding. Unlocked the car without us asking and tried to address some of the stains and adhesive issue while we were there. This is before they tried to remove the stain. I don't have an after photo yet but it's much less noticeable. That being said, I expect Tesla to replace this piece. ANY stain is unacceptable.
B pillar.jpg

Last edited:
LR AWD/MSM/Induction/White/Tow

The car was in great condition as far as the common issues are concerned. Even panel gaps. Tail lights, headlights, hood, and charge port all look great. Rear hatch uppers are even on both sides. No paint chips. 5 miles on the odo. No large gaps anywhere.

Findings:
Rear right seat uneven
Adhesive residue on wheelwell trim
Right rear door outside window trim not centered front to back. Was pushed forward almost touching trim on front door.
Stains: driver sun visor, driver B pillar, driver C pillar.
Carpet adhesive on front passenger seat riser below seat controls
Puncture in white ultra leather on rear-side of front passenger headrest.
Scuff on rear of driver headrest.
Small “dent” in passenger rear quarter panel above wheel. Small paint wrinkle in same quarter panel near bumper.

I say “dent” because it’s only visible from a specific angle with the right light. Can’t feel it. But there’s definitely what looks like a mini indentation.
Tesla employee was able to reduce the stains quite a bit. They’re still visible but you have to look closely.
When I got home I noticed that the trim at the top of the rear hatch, on the inside where the 3rd brake light is, is bulging out on one side.

It drives really well. But I do hear a clack sound coming from the rear drivetrain when pulling away from a stop or when accelerating after regen braking. Only hear it at low speed. It’s almost like an actuator sound or something. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Bottom line, we’re very happy with the car. The condition, while not perfect, is better than a lot I’ve seen on here. I have faith that the issues found will be resolved.

There was a white MY being delivered next to us. The bottom of the front passenger was farther in (in towards the center of the vehicle) than the rear door. There was about a 3/4 inch gap where the doors met due to the front being so far in. This wasn’t a regular panel gap. More like a depth gap. They looked devastated. I felt bad for them.

pics to come
Curious, did they agree to fix all of your issues? Or did they protest on some?

Where and how do all those interior stains, fingerprints and holes come from? Do they leave the factory that way, In-Transit, or by Delivery Center folks? This makes no sense that these defects could be presented to the new owner. Don't Delivery Centers perform some sort of PDI before delivery aside from a wash?

I also had a few stains on the interior. Nothing that a quick wipe down didn't remove but agree it's just sloppy in delivery. They were clear as day visible. My delivery advisor was very nice but overall Tesla needs to do a better job in the detail department here.

Bottom line, we’re very happy with the car.

Yikes, that's a lot of issues. I wonder how careful the teams are in the assembly process or how much pressure they're under to turn VINs. Almost like a "eh, get 'em out the door, we'll fix 'em in post" attitude. As others have stated, that's unacceptable and glad they were understanding. I'm taking delivery today or Wednesday at Tyco, so we'll see how it goes.

I am really loving how both upper arms of your rear hatch were well aligned with body.

I am too. Our car had a fairly long list of issues but none were so bad that we considered rejecting. Things like misaligned panels and doors/hatches would have been hard for me to accept. All our issues can be resolved and so far Tesla hasn’t pushed back on any.
We have a mobile service scheduled for this Wed. Two new headrests and a couple trim trims prices were ordered and delivered to the local Tesla SC. We have second SC scheduled for mid August to address the remaining issues.