Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Graphite Interior Finish Retrofit Index

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Krash

Data Technician
Apr 18, 2017
Intermountain US
Listings
Please help update which parts received the graphite interior finish, their part numbers and pricing as well as methods and related third party parts and services.

Updated in Graphite Spring 2018: 18 parts
$80.00 USD MCU BEZEL ASY LHD GRAPHITE (graphite is 108394401-B, silver is 100229400-B)
$108.00 USD Instrument Cluster Bezel (graphite is 1033041-01-C, silver is 600772500-B)
left of instrument cluster vent
right of instrument cluster vent
passenger dash left vent
passenger dash right vent
dashboard trim (attached to dashboard, part number varies by finish)
left front door panel trim (attached to door interior, part number varies by finish)
right front door panel trim (attached to door interior, part number varies by finish)
left b pillar panel trim (attached to b pillar interior, part number varies by finish)
right b pillar panel trim (attached to b pillar interior, part number varies by finish)
left rear door panel trim (attached to door interior, part number varies by finish)
right rear door panel trim (attached to door interior, part number varies by finish)
console sliding drawer handle
console front cup holder accents
console rear cup holder accents (assumed graphite, needs verification)
console rear vent assembly (assumed graphite, needs verification)
Steering wheel accent

Not currently upgraded in Graphite: 13 parts
left front door handle
right front door handle
left rear door handle
right rear door handle
Performance Pedals (2 total)
upper left column handle (turn signal) accents and button
lower left column handle (cruise and autopilot) accents and button
right column handle and button (drive select)
front window and mirror button cluster accents, three other door window button accents (4 total)

Closest 3rd party wrap materials:
3M: 1080 M261 Matte Dark Gray
Avery: Matte Metallic Charcoal SW900-845-M
VViViD: VViViD+ Premium Charcoal Grey Satin Semi-Gloss
Oraful ?
Arlon ?
JMR ?
Ritrama ?
KPMF ?
Mactac ?

Since leather was discontinued before graphite trim was introduced, those part numbers will never be upgraded to graphite obviously.

Last edited:
If you only replace one piece in graphite, replace the CID/MCU bezel. Everything else in this picture is silver:

upload_2018-11-1_14-28-47.png

I went through the parts list today and put together everything that would be needed except for the steering wheel trim. I can't find that anywhere in the parts list. I only see three steering wheel options standard, heated, and PUR VEGAN. I am not sure if anything in this group as a source to find pricing on these but this would be a cool kit for the service center to offer customers who want to change up their interior a bit. My only disappointing bit is I have an Alcantera dashboard and to get the graphite trim I would have to switch to the Vegan dashboard and loose the Alcantera which I think looks nice.

Graphite Interior Conversion

TOP PAD 12A PUR/PUR BLK GRAPHITE MS LHD
1060695-12-G

ASY CLUSTER BEZEL GRAPHITE
1033041-01-C

MCU BEZEL ASY LHD GRAPHITE
1083944-01-B

IP AIRVENT RING GRAPHITE/BLK LEFT LHD
1061731-02-B

IP AIRVENT RING GRAPH/BLK CTR LEFT LHD
1061732-02-B

IP AIRVENT RING GRAPH/BLK CTR RIGHT LHD
1061733-02-B

IP AIRVENT RING GRAPHITE/BLK RIGHT LHD
1061734-02-B

ASY GRAPHITE DECOR PULL CUP LH FR (SERVICE)
1051387-02-A

ASY GRAPHITE DECOR PULL CUP RH FR (SERVICE)
1051388-02-A

ASY GRAPHITE DECOR PULL CUP LH RR (SERVICE)
1051389-02-A

ASY GRAPHITE DECOR PULL CUP RH RR (SERVICE)
1051390-02-A

The Center Console door will change depending on your interior trim:

SLIDING LID, LINEAR DARK ASH GRAPH
1058088-22-A

SLIDING LID, FIG ASH BURL GRAPH
1058088-19-A

SLIDING LID, OAK GRAPH
1058088-23-A

SLIDING LID, CARBON GRAPH
1058088-21-A

Missed two more part on the list. The cupholder in the center is graphite as well.

TRIM DECOR, PUR, LINEAR ASH BURL BLACK GRAPH
1065900-22-C

CENTER CONSOLE ARMREST DECOR - FIGURED ASH BURL - GRAPHITE
1047750-19-C

TRIM DECOR OAK GRAPHITE MATA
1024237-23-C

TRIM DECOR, CONSOLE, D-CARBON FIBER MATA GRAPH
1024237-21-C

TRIM DECOR FIGURED ASH BURL GRAPH
1065900-19-C

ASY VENT BEZL CUP HOLDR GRAPHITE
1064501-01-B

I also forgot the second row cup holder is Graphite as well.

ASY SECOND ROW CUP HOLDER GRAPH
1086670-01-C

The rear vent didn't get the Graphite Treatment.

Anyone look into a paint or vinyl wrap (e.g. chrome delete style) solution to achieve a similar look?
I haven't yet but I am curious how this new design will wear. The current Satin chrome finish scratches and dents very easily. I have a couple dents in mine already so I am good with swapping for the newer part but I am interested in the wrap in one spot. The dashboard trim at the top is attached to the dash top and my current dash is alcantera but there is no alcantera with graphite so a wrap for that part would be nice.

Reactions: commasign
A friend found the part number for the graphite steering wheel. It is pricy since that is the airbag assembly.

NAR, DAB ASSY, LEATHER - HEATED GRAPH
1456163-31-A

pricing on that one part is around $680.

My thought is to change everything else except the steering wheel and some day when and if the airbag needs to be swapped then do it at that time.

So I upgraded the bezel trim piece and all the air vents for my MCU replacement to MCU2. Here are a few photos. I think I might be the only graphite trim with alacantara dash. Still have a few pieces to do and maybe some vinyl wrapping.
View attachment 553961 View attachment 553962
This is beautiful.

Trying to find the graphite MCU trim itself as that is what ends up blinding me the most during drives.

Reactions: ICUDoc
So I upgraded the bezel trim piece and all the air vents for my MCU replacement to MCU2. Here are a few photos. I think I might be the only graphite trim with alacantara dash. Still have a few pieces to do and maybe some vinyl wrapping.
View attachment 553961 View attachment 553962

Love it!

I am currently in the process of 'chrome deleting' my interior. I got real carbon fiber pieces for the door trim (looks insanely good!). They can be bought from RPM Tesla. Getting the main dash pieces this week as I didn't like the matte carbon fiber from Tesla, as well as carbon fiber covers for the window switches and the steering wheel trim.

The question now is how much will the graphite pieces be? Does anyone mind sharing what they paid?

4 vent pieces
Instrument cluster bezel
Infortainment MCU bezel

Also, is the graphite bezel compatible with the earlier models? I know they changed the thickness at the bottom.

I got the bezel of the MCU and instrument cluster replaced with graphite and it looks great with the carbon fiber trim. I had requested that the MCU bezel get replaced and the ranger came with the bezel for the IC and I agreed to have that done, too. I'm glad I got them both done. They blend in well instead of attracting extra attention.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chaserr
I got the bezel of the MCU and instrument cluster replaced with graphite and it looks great with the carbon fiber trim. I had requested that the MCU bezel get replaced and the ranger came with the bezel for the IC and I agreed to have that done, too. I'm glad I got them both done. They blend in well instead of attracting extra attention.

Would you be able to share any pictures? Also, are you planning to replace the rest of the trim in the interior (on door panels, dash cover, B-pillar)? Interested in doing something similar but not sure how much replacing everything would cost. Thanks!