Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google Chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that makes sense. You'd likely want to share a topic vs a post anyway

it's above the pagination:

7318883511.jpg

OK, it's there now, I swear it was not earlier. It's ok with me still if it was not there. I don't tweet.

Ok, I think that I have the best of both worlds; I have a tweet button at the thread level at the top; this fetches the javascript one time - quick. I then have individual post icons on each post that are cached.

Perfect. You can do the same with Facebook btw, they have a similar sharer URL:
Code:
http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=POSTURL&title=TEXTTOPREFILL

Ok, seems a reasonable pace to put this.

Chrome has gotten better at opening a ton of tabs at once (I'm on dev channel, M22, but current betas have the fix, and probably current stable), and my typical use pattern for this forum is to go into the New Posts page and Cmd/Ctl-click on the 'go to new post' icon for each thread (I read more threads than I skip, so it makes sense), then I can quickly read a bunch of things without interruption. Given those things, I went ahead and created a bookmarklet that does this for me. It's available at http://marklets.com/OpenNewInTabs.aspx (you can look at the JS, it's pretty simple).

It might actually work in Firefox too. Maybe IE, but I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, y'all are my friends, and friends don't let friends use IE, do they? ;-) (*)

(*) Frustrates me that my wife works at a place where their internal apps still require IS, and crufty old virus magnet versions (<9) at that. Lame.

Chrome has gotten better at opening a ton of tabs at once (I'm on dev channel, M22, but current betas have the fix, and probably current stable), and my typical use pattern for this forum is to go into the New Posts page and Cmd/Ctl-click on the 'go to new post' icon for each thread (I read more threads than I skip, so it makes sense), then I can quickly read a bunch of things without interruption. Given those things, I went ahead and created a bookmarklet that does this for me. It's available at http://marklets.com/OpenNewInTabs.aspx (you can look at the JS, it's pretty simple).

It might actually work in Firefox too. Maybe IE, but I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, y'all are my friends, and friends don't let friends use IE, do they? ;-) (*)

(*) Frustrates me that my wife works at a place where their internal apps still require IS, and crufty old virus magnet versions (<9) at that. Lame.

Ok I am testing it out. I normally prioritize what I view first but this will help when I am cleaning up threads to skim.

I've been making heavy use of this. LOVE IT. Makes getting through the new posts so much faster!

Looks like Chrome 22 broke this. One link opens in a tab, the rest in new windows. I changed it to emulate a ctrl-click which opens the links in a new tab. I haven't tested across browsers ...
I used this to guide me: How to simulate mouse click using Javascript? - Stack Overflow

Code:
javascript:(function(){
	var aElems=document.getElementsByTagName('a');
	if (document.createEvent) {
		for(var i=0;i<aElems.length;++i){
			if(aElems[i].href.indexOf('?goto=newpost')>0){
				var oEvent = null;
				oEvent = document.createEvent('MouseEvents');
				oEvent.initMouseEvent('click', true, true, document.defaultView, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, false, false, false, 0, aElems[i]);
				aElems[i].dispatchEvent(oEvent);
			}
		}
	}
}
)();

Figures -- on a Mac it's not ctrl-click, it's command-click. So the code has to look like this:

Code:
oEvent.initMouseEvent('click', true, true, document.defaultView, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, false, false, false, true, 0, aElems[i]);

(10th param changes to false and 13th to true)