Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good site for used Model X (no accident history, defects, extended warranty?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, Could someone suggest and share their experience (if they did purchase) - where to buy used Model X.

I’ve never purchased a used car before. My main concern is getting a used car that has physical defects (and not knowing it’s battery condition). I am aware of CarMax and Carvana (haven’t used them, looked up to sell my old car with them) but did not feel super confident buying a >60k car with them.

I’d be willing to pay bit more for a reliable car and if seller guarantees that I don’t drive a car off their lot with known major defects. Looking for 6/7 seater >2021 model for family use and long drives (all personal use). I was informed later 2021 models with horizontal screen layout would be the ones to get (these indicate major upgrade?).

Any seller that property inspects the car before selling would be preferred.
Would be very helped by your advice. Thanks!

Maybe check the interest rate for used vs new cars. Not sure what Tesla is giving right now, but you may end up with payments that are closer than you think. (Well, unless you are smarter than the rest of us and are paying cash.) When you add the potential for out of warranty repair costs over time, it may not cost much more to buy a new vs 3 year old vehicle.