Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good price on PPF + ceramic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a quote from an XPEL authorized installer (Extreme MotorSports in Paramus). For full front and rockers, headlights, plus ceramic coating on my Model 3 they quoted me $4300. She cut a couple hundred off because I am getting everything done at their business. I'm in north NJ. Does this seem like a good price?

TIA

I got a quote from an XPEL authorized installer (Extreme MotorSports in Paramus). For full front and rockers, headlights, plus ceramic coating on my Model 3 they quoted me $4300. She cut a couple hundred off because I am getting everything done at their business. I'm in north NJ. Does this seem like a good price?

TIA
A lot of it depends on the prep work required as well as the work quality and pricing strategy of the vendor.

To me, it seems pretty expensive though! Partial PPF with XPEL or Suntek premium is typically around $1300-$1700 around here. Ceramic coating price has massive variability (prep, CC product cost, warranty) but assuming your car only requires a light polish, I would estimate $1500 max for that. So, the quote you are getting seems >$1000 higher than I would expect.

Now, if this shop is among the best around, well, there is a price for that. In addition, if they will be using hand cut rather than that template cut PPF on all panels, that adds significantly to the labor cost.

An option you can consider if you are willing to put some elbow grease into it yourself is to polish the paint first yourself, have them wrap, and then apply a consumer-grade CC yourself. You will need a random orbital polisher and some other materials for this though.

"Good price" is not what you are looking for, with this kind of work. "Great quality" is. Focus on shops that have great quality (not just say that, but show you samples that prove it), then decide if you want to spend what a "great quality" shop will charge.

Otherwise you could end up with a poor job, and be unhappy.

(no idea what the OP of that thread paid, thats not what I am saying. I am saying, however, focus on the shop quality first so you dont end up with a PPF job like the one shown by the OP in that thread, who is unfortunately having to deal with the fallout of that).

"Good price" is not what you are looking for, with this kind of work. "Great quality" is. Focus on shops that have great quality (not just say that, but show you samples that prove it), then decide if you want to spend what a "great quality" shop will charge.

Otherwise you could end up with a poor job, and be unhappy.

(no idea what the OP of that thread paid, thats not what I am saying. I am saying, however, focus on the shop quality first so you dont end up with a PPF job like the one shown by the OP in that thread, who is unfortunately having to deal with the fallout of that).

That’s the thing with this place. A ton of great reviews, they offered to have me come in and watch them install on someone else’s car. I can’t get there though because of course no car.

The one thing is they said they use pre cut but use some kind of machine that makes sure there’s extra room on the end so they can tuck the flaps. They said there would be no seems. I don’t know if that’s true or not though...