Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GMC Hummer Debut 2020-10-20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The intro sure looked impressive. I went to reserve one and the 350 mile range model starts at $112,595. No thanks. I’ll stick with my cybertruck order
I was hoping for more, and to be honest a lower price. 350 mile 112k? The hummer is also based on the Nikola badger platform. I’m sticking with CT reservation for ~40k less with FSD.

Its a pretty cool truck. Looks better than cybertruck. Does some cool tricks. Seems very adventurous. They lost me at the price though. It's $112,000. Nope not today. Kinda sad they went so high with the price on it.
I had high hopes for this thing. They need to cut that price if they want to compete.

Staying with my model 3.

I'm just going to leave this screenshot here so we can see what happens in 2-4 years when its actually released.
hummerev.JPG

I know what I'll do: I'll pull up this screenshot next year when I am cruising around in my CyberTruck :D

So according to Engineering Explained calculations, the battery pack is over 200kWh. For 350mi range. That's bad. Even at $100/kWh, that battery pack would cost $20000, explaining that huge price tag. 200kWh for 350mi of range is 570wh/mi. Ouch. And a 200kWh battery pack is going to take forever to charge on a 50A 240V home circuit, more than 24 hours! You can't even charge it overnight on a level 2 charger!

Road tripping? A 350mi+ range sounds great for road trips. Our 310mi Model 3 has become our preferred road trip car! Our Model 3 drinks around 230Wh/mi, and supercharges at 150kW (v2) or 250kW (v3), a charge rate of 650mi/h or higher. We stretch our legs, go to the bathroom, and grab a bite to eat, and the car is most of the way charged.

The Hummer won't be so easy for road trips. At 570Wh/mi, "fast charging" on road trips is going to feel awfully slow. Your typical 150kW L3 charger is going to charge at just 260mi/hour. Even the rare 350kW charger is slower than a v2 supercharger on our Model 3. And given Electrify America's price gouging, it'll be a very expensive charge. Maybe a focus group of Hummer owners told GM they didn't care about fueling costs?

The Hummer doesn't appear be competitive with Rivian, let alone the Cybertruck.

Last edited:
So I was talking *sugar* about the Hummer EV on a FB member group saying how the Cybertruck is better. Also I said I bet $1 that the Cybertruck is delivered before this Hummer EV. The guy said make it a grand. Would you take the bet? Cybertruck says late 2021. Hummer says Fall 2021.

2022-GMC-Hummer-EV-04.jpg

A call out to Celebs, Ballers, Players, athletes and wanna be outdoorsy types ( you know who you are driving $60K four door Jeep CJs that never leave the pavement). Your next chariot has arrived and still show your "green" credentials. I don't expect the audience here to understand this vehicle, but mark my words, this will be the next "it" vehicle. Now I get why GM did this, brilliant.

Greenies can only sit in silence and watch it drive by.

Didn't think I would like the design but I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the SUV version, and one knows it will be a popular limo conversion product.

Last edited:
So I was talking *sugar* about the Hummer EV on a FB member group saying how the Cybertruck is better. Also I said I bet $1 that the Cybertruck is delivered before this Hummer EV. The guy said make it a grand. Would you take the bet? Cybertruck says late 2021. Hummer says Fall 2021.
A safe bet would be that Tesla will sell 50,000 CT's before GM sells 50,000 electric pick-ups all brands combined.

• Funny
Reactions: 5JMJ and phantasms