Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass Roadster Top - New Group buy (May 2013)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, we now have 5 people indicating they will be signing up for the group buy, with the 5th person being somebody in the NW Roadster email list. I'll let him post here if he chooses.

For those getting tops, please reply here or privately so that I know you've gotten your information to David at MrFiat.

FYI, we now have 5 people indicating they will be signing up for the group buy, with the 5th person being somebody in the NW Roadster email list. I'll let him post here if he chooses.

For those getting tops, please reply here or privately so that I know you've gotten your information to David at MrFiat.

Talked to David this morning.

The groundswell of support grows - I put out some info about this among the NW roadster owners via email, and a 6th person is signing on. All the cool Roadster owners will be driving under glass soon!

Asoka

Edit: I wanted to add, after looking back over previous posts; now that I've talked to David, I have no indication that the discount will grow with larger numbers on the buy. I'm ok with that personally - the 3100 delivered price is on the low end of where I was hoping to get to anyway, so I'm happy. If that's an issue for anybody, I supposed the thing to do is have a conversation with Mr. Fiat :)

So mostly now, we're just providing a vehicle for additional people to get in on a good thing. I figure this isn't even costing us any time on the delivery, as it'll take them some time to make the tops in the first place, and David has already ordered the first 4.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard garry!

If any are still on the fence, I don't know if David works over the weekend. If he doesn't, then you can probably send him email to reach him that way, or call tomorrow / Friday.

In the worst case, contact me privately to let me know, and then call David first thing Monday morning.

For those that haven't recently spoken to David, he let me know in his last contact that the factory has begun work on our glass tops. It appears we're looking at 60 days for the tops to be made. Apparently I won't be sporting glass when I arrive at TESLIVE :|

Hello fellow glass top buyers - if any of you haven't yet made contact with David at MrFiat to provide your payment and shipping info, please call or drop him an email via the Contact Us link on his website this weekend. I don't know if he replies over the weekend.

Unless I hear differently from anybody, that they will be calling first thing Monday morning, then sometime Monday I'll give David a call and thank him for his help, and we'll get the tops that have been paid for ordered. (In reality, I suspect if you call him anyway in the next few days, we'll be able to add anybody's glass top to the group order and get you the price). But sometime Monday, my work here will be done, and I will begin counting the days until I'm driving under glass (it sounds like August - I don't want to wait until August :|)

Thanks all

I'm super busy at work so rarely get a break. He called back but was in seeing patients. I'm in the OR monday but will try to call when I get done with my cases. Let him know I still want in on this GB!

Being an old guy who grew up without a computer and used a slide rule and a telephone mostly....... Give him a call if he doesn't answer your eMail. He will return phone calls! That's how I communicated with him......... Although I did get the phone number online.:smile:

Being an old guy who grew up without a computer and used a slide rule and a telephone mostly....... Give him a call if he doesn't answer your eMail. He will return phone calls! That's how I communicated with him......... Although I did get the phone number online.:smile:

Ya I did that first but been playing phone tag since...
but I'm a a middle ager and like texting more :p

Hi all - for those in this second group buy, I believe that at this moment, everybody who has indicated interest has successfully reached David with MrFiat and has passed along their payment and shipping info. I will email him tomorrow to get things moving (he already has things in motion - it'll just be to make it official). If you've indicated interest and you haven't talked to David at MrFiat, please do so asap.

This is last call for anybody who's been on the fence about participating - you don't need to get in touch with me at all - David at MrFiat is who you need to talk to; the details are further up thread.

Later this summer, there's going to be a whole new wave of Roadster art coming this way :cool: